Preseason, Week 4: Dolphins (1-2) at VIKINGS (2-1)

swede700

4 hours ago, rrgm said:

Clemmings drives me nuts. Where is your physicality? You are huge man!

Some guys just don't have it, physical attributes aside. Hopefully this will be the last time we've had to endure watching him play in purple.

As for the game, was the entire offense swallowed into a black hole at halftime? Because after that first touchdown drive, they did absolutely nothing. What a bizarre preseason. At least it's over.

13 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Harris is a week 1 starter too?

No. Cameron Wake and Andre Branch are the presumed starters. William Hayes will play significant snaps. Charles Harris is the 4th DE right now, and will likely be used on passing downs only.

That was a pretty ugly game...but, of course, I take absolutely nothing from it, except that it's probably the worst birthday of Jabari Price's life...Cayleb Jones is a prime candidate for the practice squad, and Sam Brown will likely never wear a NFL uniform again.

7 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

When do the cuts start? Have to imagine with almost 40 cuts to go the Vikings have to have started letting some of these guys know.

The cuts don't have to be done until tomorrow, but yes, I do believe they will begin letting them know sometime today.  I imagine the meeting between Spiels, Zim, and the others to determine who will exactly be on the 53 are all occurring right now.

12 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Remember how everyone was so excited that we signed Elijah Lee after the Draft? Is he still on the team?

It's a reminder of why we all need to wait until we actually see them play in a NFL uni.  I think he still has a pretty good shot to be on the practice squad, but he's been pretty much a non-factor...probably because Eric Wilson has so far outshone him.  

49 minutes ago, disaacs said:

The cuts don't have to be done until tomorrow, but yes, I do believe they will begin letting them know sometime today.  I imagine the meeting between Spiels, Zim, and the others to determine who will exactly be on the 53 are all occurring right now.

I am hoping for a specific cut down thread to be made so we can track who is gone and who goes to the PS. It's been easier to track in previous years with a tiered cutdown. Could be fun to speculate over other teams drops and who could be a valuable addition.

Archived