Packers release Nick Perry

duxrule

11 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Hopefully we re-sign him. 

I'd still like to bring back Perry or Matthews. 

I'm just terrified Perry is gonna go somewhere like New England and have 12 sacks. 

However, Perry's problem was he can't stay on the field so it is hard to get 12 sacks.

I have no ill will toward Perry. He was a massive disappointment other than the one year, but I liked the pick at the time and can't really begrudge him for the injuries. Plus the hand injury gave us one of my favourite Packers sack celebrations of all time. 

green bay packers GIF by NFL

2 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I have no ill will toward Perry. He was a massive disappointment other than the one year, but I liked the pick at the time and can't really begrudge him for the injuries. Plus the hand injury gave us one of my favourite Packers sack celebrations of all time. 

green bay packers GIF by NFL

I wasn't crazy about picking him at the time.  He was a DE and we tried to make him an OLB.  I suspect he has been miscast in GB.  Perhaps he'll go somewhere, play his natural position and live up to his potential - if he can stay on the field.

Nick Perry in Green Bay.

Year                Games                        Sacks

2012                                                  2

2013                  11                               4

2014                  15                               3

2015                  14                               3.5

2016                  14                               11

2017                  12                               7

2018                    9                                1.5

Average             11.5                            4.5

13 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm just terrified Perry is gonna go somewhere like New England and have 12 sacks. 

feel like he's definitely gonna go off. would've preferred to just keep him

14 hours ago, PackGymRat said:

Resign Matthews?

That dude reminds me of a cartoon character, he always RAN past the person he was trying to tackle.

Every replay the defender was always “just” out of his grasp.

I think it was Dennis Krause who insists that GB should try to bring back Matthews at a reasonable salary and play him inside....his last really good season in '16, that's where GB put him and he was terrific. Granted, he seems to have lost a step since then, but if you can get him back for 2/10 as the other starter next to Martinez, I'd take that. No downside if he doesn't work out. 

4 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I hope Perry does well wherever he ends up.  I said earlier that I was done with him being on the team.  He just never could stay healthy.  

I have no ill will either; couldn't stay healthy and probably wasn't a keeper except he had a breakthrough season in his walk year and GB had no other edge options. I hope he invests well and lives a nice life. 

I think we all kind of knew 2 years ago Perry was a signing that might not pan out due to his body. It was a calculated risk. If he was healthy, his contract would be fine. I don’t hold that against him. He got his and although he didn’t have high sack numbers, he was a good player for most his time here. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he  rips off a good season this year. His body wasn’t right last year from the get go. 

I’d also like to bring either clay or Perry back on a 1 year low risk deal. Matthews especially stays healthy. He has average production numbers which there is value in.

On 3/12/2019 at 11:44 AM, Outpost31 said:

1% Chance we bring back Perry. We only saved 3M by cutting him... he'd have to come back for less than that. Odds are not there that he's going to get paid less than 3M this year.

CMIII, different story. He could come back at a reasonable salary.

Archived