Sign in to follow this  
Dome

Saints sign Latavius Murray, Ingram expected to leave in FA

Wow.

I really thought we'd bring Ingram back. Not sure I like it. 

If we signed Murray at 4/14.4 then I'm assuming Ingram was going to cost a lot more than that.  I'm guessing he's looking for a minimum of 4/28 which I think is outside of our price range considering Thomas, Williams, Lattimore, and Kamara will all be up for extensions sooner than later.

If I had to choose between Ingram and one of those 4, I'm taking one of them, especially since we did find a back that can perform a similar role to Ingram.

love Ingram and hope he succeeds wherever he ends up. Hated the draft pick for the first few years but even in the injury shortened year 3 something clicked for me (his ypc improving helped too) and he ended up becoming one of my favourite players on offense. Really got the sense that he loves the team and the game.

If he signs for anything less than 20 mil I'll be sad. He's the same age as Murray, has a higher YPC and most importantly was a beloved part of this locker room. Saints player's reactions on Twitter have said it all, they're really gonna miss him in the locker room and hopefully this doesn't have any negative effect on the team morale

3 hours ago, Raves said:

If we signed Murray at 4/14.4 then I'm assuming Ingram was going to cost a lot more than that.

Apparently he's close to signing a deal with the ravens for about $8m per year lol

Good for him, he's earned it. 

21 minutes ago, saintsfan said:

MT tweeted that Ingram was going to pull an Anthony Barr....

then deleted it lol

4 minutes ago, Dome said:

then deleted it lol

darn. was hoping him, cam, and alvin would help get Ingram back

4 hours ago, Dome said:

Apparently he's close to signing a deal with the ravens for about $8m per year lol

Good for him, he's earned it. 

Agreed.  I wanted him to stay but I won't blame him for getting paid after the work he put in for us over the past few years.  I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes unless it's against the Saints, then it's just for him to stay healthy.

33 minutes ago, saintsfan said:

Ingram signed for 3 years 15 mil smh

He overvalued his worth and priced himself off the team. damn shame.

Will miss Ingram, but Murray should do a similar role.

There will likely be a drop off in talent with Murray. No disrespect to him I'm sure he will be a solid number 2 RB for us, but I just don't think he will be as good as Ingram has been for us. That said, I hope this move sways Sean Payton a bit regarding Kamara's role as a lead back. Hope this gets Kamara a few more carries per game next season.