Saints sign Latavius Murray, Ingram expected to leave in FA

Dome

call it discriminatory if you must, but something bugs me about Latavius being 6'3''. Feels like my man is almost too tall. Though I don't know if you guys feel the same way but its always cool to see new skill position free agents in a Saints uniform so we'll see.

On 3/14/2019 at 8:56 AM, Fray32 said:

call it discriminatory if you must, but something bugs me about Latavius being 6'3''. Feels like my man is almost too tall.

No, it’s not discriminatory. Murray DEFINITELY plays “too tall” at times. He doesn’t get as low as he should and loses weight/speed matchups he should win because of it.

Hes a really similar player to Ingram though. He should be alright, even playing too high 

On 3/16/2019 at 2:17 AM, Spartica4Real said:

Damn, I'll miss Mark. He at least gets the distinction of being my favorite Alabama alum ever...

Yep. I think it’s bittersweet for all of us. I hate to see him go, but he did it the right way. He worked his *** off for us, he embraced Kamara and helped build him up, and he’s always been an engine for our offense. 

I’ll miss him a lot. I really hope this is one of those scenarios where we see him back in the black and gold again... like Bush or McCalister who came back just as a gesture, or Bushrod who came back in reality. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dome said:

Yep. I think it’s bittersweet for all of us. I hate to see him go, but he did it the right way. He worked his *** off for us, he embraced Kamara and helped build him up, and he’s always been an engine for our offense. 

I’ll miss him a lot. I really hope this is one of those scenarios where we see him back in the black and gold again... like Bush or McCalister who came back just as a gesture, or Bushrod who came back in reality. 

Always been shafted by Payton in the # of carries too, yet took a hometown discount last time around and one of the happiest, most positive dudes in the locker room. This one sucks way more than Malcolm Jenkins ever did.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, BillSabre said:

Do you guys see Murray getting a similar workload to Ingram

no, but not too far off.

I don't think he'll see quite as much work in the passing game which could lead to Kamara or another scat back type (Probably Kamara though) getting some of those touches.