Giants vs.Patriots - It's Preseason Week 4 Y'all!

Deadpulse

Image result for patriots vs. giants preseason

It's crazy, but there are so many questions left to be answered in week 4 of pre-season, especially with cut-downs still looming.

Who is going to take advantage of the extra spot created by Edelman's season ender? It could be any of the RB/TE/WR's trying to make the roster. At WR we still have:

1. Brandon Cooks

2. Chris Hogan

3. Danny Amendola

4. Malcolm Mitchell

5. Matthew Slater

all as locks. It is VERY likely that they stick with that group, as the logjam really forced them to keep 6 while sacrificing flexibility at other positions. I still think Carr and Lucien are on the outside looking in but if either can come up big, especially on STs, they may force their way.

With the release of Lengel, we really open up the TE conversation with just Gronk and Allen as locks. They ran with just 2 TE's heading into the season last year, and they might just do it again. My boy Hollister needs a monster game to make a case, potentially if he can show some underneath and seam game that Edelman vacated they might keep him on as a versatile H-back type (A MAN CAN DREAM). 

Finally at RB, the locks as I see them are:

1. Mike Gilislee 

2. Rex Burkhead

3. James White

Bolden is still likely with his STs. Dion Lewis has shown up here and there, but his return ability is likely where his value lies, especially after the Edelman injury. DJ Foster is likely DOA. I think Lewis is the un-talked about beneficiary to Jules being gone. White is likely used more in the slot, paving the way for Lewis to see more touches in the backfield and in the return game as well. 

Other guys to keep an eye one:

Cyrus Jones - dude really needs to step in a big way this week

Adam Butler - Guy could easily carve himself a strong role on the line

EVERY EDGE PLAYER - is there any true edgers outside of Flowers? 

Harvey Langi - likely fighting Freeney and Roberts for a job, at least of of the three wont make the team

Tony Garcia

Cameron Fleming - man struggled a bit last game

Lets send us into the regular season strong!

In some ways I enjoy week 4 of preseason the most. No starters are playing, so much less worry about injuries, and the back-of-the-roster guys all have so much to play for that it feels like the intensity is higher.

Carr, Hollister, Foster, Jones all have a lot to play for.

I'm surprised they haven't signed a new DE or two, to be honest, this game would be a good chance to get them some warm-up reps. They MUST make a signing before the season starts.

On 29/08/2017 at 0:33 PM, iothar said:

Pats Pulpit reporting Solder could miss season opener... Really would suck setting up Brady to get T-ed off on.

Really? This is pretty bad. We've neglected LT for a little while. Whilst Solder isn't all that, the swing tackles in Flemming and Waddle are worse! Would Vollmer step in?

BB says Gilislee is playing tonight:

I think he still has quite a ways to go. He has missed some practices this [summer] and missed some practices [in the] spring. He works hard to stay on top of things and to stay caught up and we've worked hard to catch him up, but he still has some ground to make up. We gained some on it. We gained some ground last week [and against the Lions]. He’ll have an opportunity to play against the Giants. We'll continue to keep pushing through it.

Archived