Texans signing CB Bradley Roby

49erurtaza

Has all the makeup of a #1 CB. Great athletic traits, smart player, can tackle (well, not last year) and was a really good player with Talib and CHJ flanking him.

However, he really struggles to shrug off bad plays and he's always the 'nearly made a play' guy. Sometimes those guys come good and I think the 1 year deal is a great move for him, especially given he's still young.

There's a really good player in there somewhere. Shame it wasn't as a Bronco.

I like the 1 year deal here. Roby is so very up and down that I think this is the way to go about it. For the niners, I would have preferred to have Desir, so I'm not super sad about this yet, but if we miss out on all the corners, this will suck lol. 

23 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Has all the makeup of a #1 CB. Great athletic traits, smart player, can tackle (well, not last year) and was a really good player with Talib and CHJ flanking him.

This part worries me a bit. He's always been a #2 or #3, from what I've seen. In Houston, he's the unquestioned #1 (unless Houston trades for Patrick Peterson or trades up for Greedy Williams). Will he be able to crank it up as the alpha dog in that secondary?

Archived