I have been thinking about this draft.

DudeWhat???

I'm under the impression that we will have multiple 3rd round picks... possibly 3? I was wondering how we could finesse our 1st and a 3rd into a higher first round...and who we would possibly want to or have to trade up for...and who would be willing to trade.. perhaps we could offer players too.. also wondering if we could use our 2nd and another 3rd to finesse our way back into the second..perhaps to grab a wr or CB or ilb...  I have come to the conclusion that this draft is our fondation... no more dreams of free agency fairy tales..as of right now we are near the bottom in cap space ranking. ...what are your thoughts and scenarios? Realistically as possible please. 

They have two 3rd round and three 6th round picks, and a total of ten picks in this draft.  Many are speculating Steelers looking to move up, for example:

https://stillcurtain.com/2019/03/12/pittsburgh-steelers-are-set-up-to-trade-up-in-the-draft/

Question is who? 

If Devin White would somehow fall to the 15-ish range, the Steelers might be able to offer enough to get him.

My expectation is that they'll take best CB available in the 1st at 20, and then try to move up in the 2nd round. I don't have a clear idea where they might go, but WR, ILB, and TE are all possible, depending on who is available.

4 hours ago, DudeWhat??? said:

I'm under the impression that we will have multiple 3rd round picks... possibly 3? I was wondering how we could finesse our 1st and a 3rd into a higher first round...and who we would possibly want to or have to trade up for...and who would be willing to trade.. perhaps we could offer players too.. also wondering if we could use our 2nd and another 3rd to finesse our way back into the second..perhaps to grab a wr or CB or ilb...  I have come to the conclusion that this draft is our fondation... no more dreams of free agency fairy tales..as of right now we are near the bottom in cap space ranking. ...what are your thoughts and scenarios? Realistically as possible please. 

Let me sell you the double bubble because you are a starving franchise in need of replacing costly errors. Do you know how hard it is to find Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown amidst the dirt and grime and misfortune of bad pick after bad pick. You have a limited number of these tickets and you need to go 42% and UP. (3/7). Good drafts four. Bad drafts two. But you have filler and guys become available. 

I like to trade down in our spot, because you're getting a hell of a football player. You're sitting at a spot here at #20 where you're licking your chops over a fresh new marine to join your core. Ready, willing, and able to march to the beat of your drum, because you are his Commander in Chief. You got TE's. Pick your poison. Noah Fant. Rob Gronkowski. Thank you. You got a particular Washington DB on your mind? Maybe you want to shock the world with a QB, because Seattle is an odd ball QB sleeper team. Get the QB in the draft when you got Russell Wilson contract problems sitting behind you at #21. I wouldn't pay Russell Wilson $35m per year. To debilitating to the cap. Get your top pick of WR with all the different blends of skillsets and top WR's there are this class. Now, here's the best one. Maybe you want to gobble up the last top defensive lineman before the drop off. And grab a top 5 talent at 20th overall. The possibilities are endless. And the choice is yours. All you gotta do is trade a few of these picks and trade up to our pick to select this young stud and your future will be in good hands.

Going Houston Texans. For Byron Murphy. Or Noah Fant. Or DK Metcalf. Or Jeffrey Simmons. 

2nd round, 54th overall

2nd round, 55th overall

5th round, 162nd overall

Now, depending on who is available you gotta a little supply and demand to negotiate with, and that's where the fun starts. Maybe, say, DK Metcalf is available and the thought of DK Metcalf with say Le'Veon Bell and DeAndre Hopkins, with DeShaun Watson sounds like a video game fake life, then let me tell you, that we can make that reality today. 

1st round, 23rd overall

2nd round, 55th overall

Play a little leverage game in that scenario. 

Point being. I'll take the 2nd's. Turn the 2nd's into 3rd's. And shoot my shot in the 3rd round. Getting four players at 500K a pop feels like stealing.

Really like how the board sets up in terms of gapping between picks. This helps when the picking range is narrow between a few guys and you try and get greedy and get both because of ... available substitutes. 

MY DRAFT SLATE (no more trades, very Steelers esque)

2nd round - 52nd overall

2nd round - 54th overall 

2nd round - 55th overall (via HOU)

3rd round - 66th overall (via OAK)

3rd round - 83rd overall

3rd round - 94th overall (via LAR)

3rd round - 99th overall (via LAR)

4th round - 122nd overall

5th round - 142nd overall (via OAK)

5th round - 170th overall (via LAR)

6th round - 176th overall (via OAK)

6th round - 194th overall