Titans Resign Pamphile

Titans fan 617

Like it has been said here before... I think an O-LINE of Lewan, Saffold, Jones, Conklin, Kelly is our best bet. Pamphile serving as a swing g/t is a great move. Only thing is if the FO see's it that way. those 5 our clearly our best linemen. I THINK they will give kline a chance to prove himself in training camp and if he cant cut it, maybe they move on as a post June 1 cut? maybe not since they owe him so much money, but its just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

“He struggled at tackle so we moved him to guard” isn’t a thing.

He struggled due to coming back too soon from an ACL injury but I disagree & reason why google Conklin combine workout the guy can play guard, he has great movement skills, & short area quickness. The guy can move inside of a phone booth. & when he came into the league he was projected as G/T because many thought he wasn’t athletic enough to play on the outside & bend against speed rushers. Now Granted he was solid as a rookie & made all pro but we all know mularkey played a role with max protection. But I’m over it at the end of the day the best OL will be on the field 

12 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

“He struggled at tackle so we moved him to guard” isn’t a thing.

I'm neutral on the whole move Conklin to guard argument... I can see the argument for both sides...

But it's not unprecedented. Our own HOF Matthews moved all over the place, ended up at G/C even though he was a great T. Osemele has switched back and forth as well. Gallery also transitioned to G successfully, although he struggled at T before the move, unlike the first 2 examples. 

While Conklin has struggled (due to injuries), I dont think anyone's looking to move him for that reason... It's a simple... If Conklin can transition successfully, we like Kelly at RT more than Pamphile at RG... Or a Conklin/Kelly right side may be better than a Pamphike/Conklin right side.

It's strictly about getting the best 5 out there. I'm not against that... I just don't know if Conklin transitions at the high level some expect. Maybe he does maybe he doesn't. If he doesn't, he should have no trouble getting his RT spot back from Kelly. He obviously has the better potential and ceiling. 

6 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I'm neutral on the whole move Conklin to guard argument... I can see the argument for both sides...

But it's not unprecedented. Our own HOF Matthews moved all over the place, ended up at G/C even though he was a great T. Osemele has switched back and forth as well. Gallery also transitioned to G successfully, although he struggled at T before the move, unlike the first 2 examples. 

While Conklin has struggled (due to injuries), I dont think anyone's looking to move him for that reason... It's a simple... If Conklin can transition successfully, we like Kelly at RT more than Pamphile at RG... Or a Conklin/Kelly right side may be better than a Pamphike/Kelly right side.

It's strictly about getting the best 5 out there. I'm not against that... I just don't know if Conklin transitions at the high level some expect. Maybe he does maybe he doesn't. If he doesn't, he should have no trouble getting his RT spot back from Kelly. He obviously has the better potential and ceiling. 

Thank you at the end of the day I want the 5 best OL on the field hell if Conklin could play C bye Ben Jones 

Archived