Steven Nelson for $8m or CJ Mosley for 17m?

Money

Steven Nelson for $8m or CJ Mosley for 17m?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Steven Nelson for $8m or CJ Mosley for 17m?

• Steven Nelson
    • CJ Mosley

Mosley. Given team needs and the fact I'm getting value on my investment. The contract would be set up with lower cap hits early and high salaries at the end in a bloated contract fashion. Stash some roster bonuses in there for some guarantees and you're away home free.

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I like Nelson imo. He is an excellent fit for our defense.

I like Nelson as well. It prevents us from drafting a DB. But do you like Nelson for $8m. Or do you want an ironclad All-Pro for $17m. Keep in mind that $17m is deceiving. His first year cap hit could be like $5-6m.

I like Nelson at $8M. The reason I say that is because unlike anybody we currently have on the roster he has Ball Hawk ability.

I also don't think that Nelson prevents us from drafting a defensive back it may alter our plan in the first round but if there is a guy there that is worth drafting Pittsburgh will do it and if it means we have three solid Corners at the very top I think they will be just fine with that though I expect inside linebacker to be our priority now

Steelers still can use another CB. We have Nelson and Haden (injury prone) ZERO depth behind them.

I know they are now looking to go LB first but I hope they dont reach, if Greedy Williams or Baker are there and the top 3 lb's are gone they should draft the corner

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As someone who has no skin in the game either way, I’d rather pay a decent CB 8 than a very good off the ball LB 17.

Positional importance is a thing.

Especially an off ball LB that's best attribute isn't coverage, which is what we need more than anything else. 

11 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Especially an off ball LB that's best attribute isn't coverage, which is what we need more than anything else.

+1... we could not afford to upgrade VWill, which is what Mosely is.

CB was always our #1 need, bar none.  We can not hope to compete with Sensabaugh as our starting CB.  Would a drop LB be nice... yea.  So would a true FS, a X reciever and another TE.  But, this addresses our BIGGEST need.

Archived