Browns trade for OBJ

49erurtaza

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 3:40 PM, Gmen19851 said:

As a giants fan who actually likes the trade I'm saying this:  Beckham isn't a bad guy.  People speak very highly of him personally and he is well liked.  In fact reports are coming out that Shurmur is absolute furious about the trade. That being said, he's an immature kid that became a superstar in the biggest city in the world overnight.  He became bigger than the team and I believe that's why he had to go.  

In the United States, yes. In North America, yes. In the World? A big, fat NO. Tokyo is the largest city in the world. Over 3x the population of NY.

If land area is what you are talking about...still no. China has a couple of cities vying for that.

FYI.

4 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

In the United States, yes. In North America, yes. In the World? A big, fat NO. Tokyo is the largest city in the world. Over 3x the population of NY.

If land area is what you are talking about...still no. China has a couple of cities vying for that.

FYI.

Lol thank you for keeping me honest.   But I was more talking about media publicity than anything else

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think both popular draft trade value charts has a move from 6 to 2 about the same value as 17 so I'm not sure why that would have confused them. Maybe they valued quantity more so that was less appealing to them but I don't know why the conversation would have ended there. Sure they wanted two 1st round picks but they didn't get that (or really all that close) to that in the end. I think I'd take a move from 6 to 2, a 2nd and a future 3rd over what they got from the Browns. I'm happy it ended how it did as a Browns fan though.

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think both popular draft trade value charts has a move from 6 to 2 about the same value as 17 so I'm not sure why that would have confused them. Maybe they valued quantity more so that was less appealing to them but I don't know why the conversation would have ended there. Sure they wanted two 1st round picks but they didn't get that (or really all that close) to that in the end. I think I'd take a move from 6 to 2, a 2nd and a future 3rd over what they got from the Browns. I'm happy it ended how it did as a Browns fan though.

The rumor was that they asked for deforest Buckner. Was a nonstarter obviously. 

Even if they didn't, they clearly wanted #2 without giving up #6. Niners couldn't make that deal in March 

• 9 months later...
7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Browns stupidly fired Dorsey too. Kitchens was an abject failure. That team had oodles of talent. 

Eh, yes and no (you're right about Kitchens). Dorsey essentially wanted sole power and it turned into major disputes/ego struggle. He essentially completely neglected the OL, whiffed on the #33 overall pick of the draft, didn't hire the right guy last year and intentionally went against DePo last year to hire Kitchens, and then threw away a binder in front of everyone that contained some valuable resources/analytic data to help so he could "talk football". As a drafter of skill positions, he did/has shown he's good. He's a horrific OL drafter/evaluator and terrible with numbers and navigating the salary cap.

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Eh, yes and no (you're right about Kitchens). Dorsey essentially wanted sole power and it turned into major disputes/ego struggle. He essentially completely neglected the OL, whiffed on the #33 overall pick of the draft, didn't hire the right guy last year and intentionally went against DePo last year to hire Kitchens, and then threw away a binder in front of everyone that contained some valuable resources/analytic data to help so he could "talk football". As a drafter of skill positions, he did/has shown he's good. He's a horrific OL drafter/evaluator and terrible with numbers and navigating the salary cap.

Well, if he's that much of a jerk, the move makes more sense. I agree he made mistakes on the OL. 

• Like 1