Titans sign Cameron Wake

SBLIII

14 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

PFF likes him. Would be interested to see how Phins fans like him at this stage.

Situational pass rusher at this stage.

If he's not getting to the QB, he's pretty much invisible. He's an athletic freak so I don't worry about his conditioning at all even at 37 but he did tend to become invisible for stretches of games and then suddenly explode for a 2 sack game and then disappear again.

Always loved Cam Wake. He was the first football jersey I bought (third I ever owned; I was gifted a Ronnie Brown and Joey Porter jersey before that). Still have it, with all of the letters and numbers no longer readable. Wore it almost every week in college, in addition to every game day from 2007-2012 until I got a few other jerseys. And yet, every jersey I bought thereafter would eventually disappoint and leave the team in some way. Cameron Wake alone persevered. After Tannehill is gone, I will have no remaining Dolphins jerseys of players still on the team.... Brandon Marshall, Chad Henne, Ryan TAnnehill, Ndamukong Suh, Jarvis Landry. All disappointments. All I cannot wear anymore. Occasionally I pull out the Dan Marino jersey or the Ronnie Brown/Joey Porter jeresey. But the jersey I always go back to is the Cam Wake jersey. What a player. What a story.

I wish him the best with the Titans and unlike the other failures, I will never stop wearing that jersey. Cam Wake is a real football player, through and through; hardworking and determined. And he was by far the most worthy player on the Dolphins franchise during the last decade. I'll definitely be rooting for the Titans as my number 2 team next year.

50 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

PFF likes him. Would be interested to see how Phins fans like him at this stage.

He's regressed and is no longer a three down player any  more. But he's still a beast as a situational pass rusher. And he's not a loser in run support either. If you use him to this end he will be a boon for Pees' defense.

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

He's regressed and is no longer a three down player any  more. But he's still a beast as a situational pass rusher. And he's not a loser in run support either. If you use him to this end he will be a boon for Pees' defense.

good to hear. i have to hope that's exactly how he'll be used, but we still need one or two more pieces on the edge. harold landry will step into a full-time starting role on one side, but all we really have otherwise is sharif finch, who is a role player. i'd absolutely expect us to draft and sign at least 2 more edge rushers, but i do worry we'll end up relying on wake more than we should any 37-year-old player.

Archived