49ers are working on a trade for Dee Ford.

BroncoSojia

7 minutes ago, N4L said:

Second round is where I am struggling though, we are going to have to make a tough choice between a free safety and a WR 

Not difficult for me. That's free safety all the way for me. Receiver class is stacked in rounds 2/3. I'll take my chances there

13 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

There’s like no way the 49ers go EDGE at 2 now right?

That would be 5 premium picks on the DL with nothing else behind them or on the other side of the ball. 

Where else do you go? There's legitimately no other selection to make.

I could see a trade down more likely, but no, if Bosa is there, he's the pick. Allen still makes sense too because you can play him at Sam as well when he's not on the edge

17 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

There’s like no way the 49ers go EDGE at 2 now right?

That would be 5 premium picks on the DL with nothing else behind them or on the other side of the ball. 

who do you honestly expect us to draft other than an edge rusher? What non-DL, non-QB player is worthy of #2 overall??

Ford will be on one side, a rookie on the other. We literally have no one else on the edge. Its pathetic honestly. We may even still add another veteran and have a nice rotation. I actually want to sign Justin Houston/trade for E.Griffen and draft Josh Allen to play the SAM linebacker, which is similar to a 3-4 OLB role essentially. He would excel in that role IMO and would be a massive upgrade over what we have in that spot now. Josh Allen could also rotate at the edge. That decision gets very easy for us if the cardinals draft Bosa.

I am sure that a lot of people will update mock drafts to have us pass on the edge rusher. I think this is a mistake. You dont pass on getting an elite pass rusher on a rookie contract for.... what, exactly???

I am kind of hoping that this is what happens:

Cards - Murray

Giants trade us #17, a fourth and a future second to move up to #6 - draft Haskins

Jets - Bosa

Raiders - Williams

Bucs - Devin White/Ed Oliver

49ers - Josh Allen

It would be too good to be true, honestly. Shame that the giants would be basically giving us what they got for Odell to swap picks, without actually getting Odell, but this is my dream scenario so Id still be pumped. Id also be terrified for that 40 minute window that the Bucs or Raiders would take Allen. Not sure who that would leave us with if both of those guys are gone. would be disappointing to get neither guy and still have ****ing cassius marsh rushing the passer on the other side of ford. Its a joke

@Forge you stole my thunder, im going to go back and remove the hundreds of likes I have given you lol

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I could see a trade down more likely, but no, if Bosa is there, he's the pick. Allen still makes sense too because you can play him at Sam as well when he's not on the edge

I’m not sure. I just can’t see them going DL with a ton already invested there. 

1 minute ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’m not sure. I just can’t see them going DL with a ton already invested there. 

If they trade down, I could see them going elsewhere. Not at 2 though. The prospects are on the defensive front. Can't even go white now with that contract Alexander.

Besides, those picks are sunk costs. Armstead is on his fifth year option and Thomas has been a bust. What we invested on them initially really doesn't matter, it's more or less what they are now that does. 

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

That could be where they put Ford in Base. Regardless I think this pick is coming down to Bosa or QW if they stay at 2.

10 minutes ago, Hopper15 said:

That could be where they put Ford in Base. Regardless I think this pick is coming down to Bosa or QW if they stay at 2.

So you would trade Thomas or what is your plan for Solly?

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

If they trade down, I could see them going elsewhere. Not at 2 though. The prospects are on the defensive front. Can't even go white now with that contract Alexander.

Besides, those picks are sunk costs. Armstead is on his fifth year option and Thomas has been a bust. What we invested on them initially really doesn't matter, it's more or less what they are now that does. 

I can see Q. Williams as a possible pick or a trade down but I think they’re def out on another EDGE. 

They’ve got to start build other areas of that team up, specifically the offense. 

Defensively they already moved on from Foster whom they supposedly valued high. 

Idk man, that FO is doing a lot of questionable stuff. 

33 minutes ago, VexMilkWaterfall said:

Just spit-balling here but after this trade, the Chiefs now have $15M in cap space to spend if they'd like. Le'veon Bell maybe? I like our RBs the way they are but Bell is an intriguing thought.

Bell signed with the jets

Archived