49ers are working on a trade for Dee Ford.

BroncoSojia

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I can see Q. Williams as a possible pick or a trade down but I think they’re def out on another EDGE. 

They’ve got to start build other areas of that team up, specifically the offense. 

Defensively they already moved on from Foster whom they supposedly valued high. 

Idk man, that FO is doing a lot of questionable stuff. 

We have a huge need on our side I don't think we are out at all. I think it's Bosa or trade back. Also what would we do at 2 for our offense?

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Thomas-Q-Buckner-Ford makes sense. Thomas should play better with those 3 taking pressure off of him.

Thomas isn't a edge rusher/leo he's good on running down but thats it. He needs to play interior. Which would be why we won't draft Q. We literally fired our Dline coach so for the reason to save Solly and play him from the inside. We also have armstead who's basically rotating interior with Solly and buck. On top of that we have DJ Jones. 

13 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Thomas-Q-Buckner-Ford makes sense. Thomas should play better with those 3 taking pressure off of him.

I think this has more to you hoping we don't draft Bosa at 2 and jets get him at 3. But guess what only way jets get him if they trade to 1. 

7 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Good job by Veach getting a 2nd rounder for an injury prone player. Struck while the iron is hot.

Wish theyd kept Houston though dont really know what the plan is...

Its not that far off from the compensation you would have gotten if you would have let him walk as a FA this offseason.

Niners are going to make sure that pick is in the high 50s next year (hopefully)

18 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I can see Q. Williams as a possible pick or a trade down but I think they’re def out on another EDGE. 

They’ve got to start build other areas of that team up, specifically the offense. 

Defensively they already moved on from Foster whom they supposedly valued high. 

Idk man, that FO is doing a lot of questionable stuff. 

You keep mentioning the fact that we’ve invested so much into our D Line as a reason we will pass on Bosa yet you can see us taking Williams? I don’t follow that logic. Most of the investment we have made to our D Line has been on interior linemen. Bosa has to be the pick for us. We can’t rely on a 28 year old that’s had injury issues in the past to be our only option as an edge passrusher. By the time Bosa is ready for his second contract Ford’s deal will be up (if he is still around at that point) and we can cut bait with him. I’m with the other Niners fans here when they say Solly is not an edge guy. He’s very solid against the run and can play that big end spot on obvious run downs, but it’s been made very clear that as a passrusher he needs to work on the inside. 

32 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I think this has more to you hoping we don't draft Bosa at 2 and jets get him at 3. But guess what only way jets get him if they trade to 1. 

In a scenario in which you guys drafted Bosa would you have been okay with them spending their another 2nd round pick on another EDGE AND giving them a big contract?

p.s. I’m fine with Bosa or Allen. This is strictly about the 49ers not doing themselves justice with their team building.

From my own perspective the Jets spent 4 consecutive picks on DL neglecting other areas of the team and look at what it got us. 

20 minutes ago, N4L said:

Its not that far off from the compensation you would have gotten if you would have let him walk as a FA this offseason.

Niners are going to make sure that pick is in the high 50s next year (hopefully)

A 2nd is much better than a 3rd round comp pick.

Ammo for a trade down this year me thinks

18 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

You keep mentioning the fact that we’ve invested so much into our D Line as a reason we will pass on Bosa yet you can see us taking Williams? I don’t follow that logic. Most of the investment we have made to our D Line has been on interior linemen. Bosa has to be the pick for us. We can’t rely on a 28 year old that’s had injury issues in the past to be our only option as an edge passrusher. By the time Bosa is ready for his second contract Ford’s deal will be up (if he is still around at that point) and we can cut bait with him. I’m with the other Niners fans here when they say Solly is not an edge guy. He’s very solid against the run and can play that big end spot on obvious run downs, but it’s been made very clear that as a passrusher he needs to work on the inside. 

I mentioned Q because he’s at least an interior DL. 

But whatever, I guess Lynch will just throwing capital at DL and you’ll continue to draft in the top 3 under him. Not really my concern, just don’t understand his thinking. 

47 minutes ago, N4L said:

It's hard to make anything of the division. Depends on how seattle builds off of last year and Gurley's health. It's gonna be tough to take that division from the rams though. The NFC is stacked rn.

Archived