49ers are working on a trade for Dee Ford.

BroncoSojia

25 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I mentioned Q because he’s at least an interior DL. 

But whatever, I guess Lynch will just throwing capital at DL and you’ll continue to draft in the top 3 under him. Not really my concern, just don’t understand his thinking. 

As my other post said to you, all of the guys we've taken were interior DLmen. We haven't taken a single edge rusher at that spot. We didn't draft any edge rushers the last two years. We didn't sign a single free agent other than Cassius Marsh at the edge over the last two years. 

Getting Ford was literally the first time we added anyone on the edge since lynch was hired. 

Edge rushers are like OTs. You need two of them. We are one short with two elite guys available. Why would we draft another position?? 

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's hard to make anything of the division. Depends on how seattle builds off of last year and Gurley's health. It's gonna be tough to take that division from the rams though. The NFC is stacked rn.

I actually think the Rams take a step back next year. Maybe that's just me being hopeful. We will see what moves they make but imo the Superbowl hangover is a real thing, especially when you lose the way they did 

1 minute ago, N4L said:

As my other post said to you, all of the guys we've taken were interior DLmen. We haven't taken a single edge rusher at that spot. We didn't draft any edge rushers the last two years. We didn't sign a single free agent other than Cassius Marsh at the edge over the last two years. 

Getting Ford was literally the first time we added anyone on the edge since lynch was hired. 

Edge rushers are like OTs. You need two of them. We are one short with two elite guys available. Why would we draft another position?? 

I actually think the Rams take a step back next year. Maybe that's just me being hopeful. We will see what moves they make but imo the Superbowl hangover is a real thing, especially when you lose the way they did 

Yeah we'll see. On the aformentioned edge rush, I'm pretty sure it's Bosa/Allen for you guys depending on who goes at 1. I'm just hoping Quinnen goes at 4, now that Anthony Barr isn't signing with the Jets (apparently they were gonna use him somewhat as an edge rusher).

7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’m not sure. I just can’t see them going DL with a ton already invested there. 

No, we definitely go edge at #2 or Williams if we don't trade back. Just because we got Ford doesn't mean we don't need another edge rusher, because we do. And simply put, Bosa or Allen or Williams are likely the best players in the draft so how could you justify passing on them? 

7 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Thomas-Q-Buckner-Ford makes sense. Thomas should play better with those 3 taking pressure off of him.

I care more about the nickel than the base defense and really nothing beats Ford-Thomas-Buckner-Bosa. Now that is outright filthy. Thomas came in late in the season when he started seeing more time inside and I expect him to take a solid leap in season three. 

9 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I care more about the nickel than the base defense and really nothing beats Ford-Thomas-Buckner-Bosa. Now that is outright filthy. Thomas came in late in the season when he started seeing more time inside and I expect him to take a solid leap in season three. 

We shall see. 

Archived