Browns will have the best offense in 2019!

buno67

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

thats fine. We have Chubb. He is due to be a better back than Gurley. He surpasses Gurley in college and will surpass him in the pros

Gurley was also the better college back lol.

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Chubb was the better back in college 

Gurley averaged more yards per carry, rushing yards per game, rushing TDs per game, yards per touch, yards from scrimmage per game, and total TDs per game.

16 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Gurley averaged more yards per carry, rushing yards per game, rushing TDs per game, yards per touch, yards from scrimmage per game, and total TDs per game.

Buno won our homer award for good reason.

Just letting you know. ;) 

4 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Buno won our homer award for good reason.

Just letting you know. ;) 

There are some comments that make me wonder if some people have working televisions to actually watch football.

That was one of them.

Gurley is a very good RB so dont think I'm saying he is not but I would take Chubb and Hunt over Gurley 10 out of 10 times. After Hunt comes back from suspension we will have a top 3 RB that is completely fresh just in time for the playoffs. I like the Browns SB chances this year better then anytime since 99 when we got our team back. A great time to be a Browns fan for sure. Anything short of the AFC championship would be a major disappointment imo. 

I'm concerned about Kitchens the head coach.  Hear me out on this one, but this is kind of similar to when LeBron James went to the Los Angeles Lakers last off-season.

*  The Lakers were a losing team with very little expectations (just like the Browns).  The Lakers hire Luke Walton, a first time head coach, to coach a young and up a coming team - Like like the Browns did with Kitchens. 

*  All of a sudden, the Lakers get LeBron James.  Now a team that has very little expectations now has massive expectations.  This is similar in the sense that, the Browns are an up and coming talented team and now they have much larger expectations.  Many people are saying they will be the best (or one of the best) offenses in the entire league, win the division and make some noise in the playoffs.  None of this was really being said about the Browns two weeks ago.

*  Does a first year head coach have the long term ability to get through to a locker room that just added a lot of different personalities to the mix (not counting the draft yet or any other signings, obviously).  With the Lakers, the team did not live up to expectations and I will be beyond shocked if Luke Walton was brought back.  If the Browns finish with a 7-9 or so record, do things fall apart?  Is the coach going to get walked all over, etc?

3 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Gurley is a very good RB so dont think I'm saying he is not but I would take Chubb and Hunt over Gurley 10 out of 10 times. After Hunt comes back from suspension we will have a top 3 RB that is completely fresh just in time for the playoffs. I like the Browns SB chances this year better then anytime since 99 when we got our team back. A great time to be a Browns fan for sure. Anything short of the AFC championship would be a major disappointment imo. 

Lol 

Just now, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Anything short of the AFC championship would be a major disappointment imo. 

And this is where it gets tricky. It's easier - or should I say, less stressful - when there's no expectations. Once people start murmuring about playoffs and AFCCG type comments start popping up, the pressure is on. Moral victories stop existing, you've got to win.

If you don't, it's chaos.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I'm concerned about Kitchens the head coach.  Hear me out on this one, but this is kind of similar to when LeBron James went to the Los Angeles Lakers last off-season.

*  The Lakers were a losing team with very little expectations (just like the Browns).  The Lakers hire Luke Walton, a first time head coach, to coach a young and up a coming team - Like like the Browns did with Kitchens. 

*  All of a sudden, the Lakers get LeBron James.  Now a team that has very little expectations now has massive expectations.  This is similar in the sense that, the Browns are an up and coming talented team and now they have much larger expectations.  Many people are saying they will be the best (or one of the best) offenses in the entire league, win the division and make some noise in the playoffs.  None of this was really being said about the Browns two weeks ago.

*  Does a first year head coach have the long term ability to get through to a locker room that just added a lot of different personalities to the mix (not counting the draft yet or any other signings, obviously).  With the Lakers, the team did not live up to expectations and I will be beyond shocked if Luke Walton was brought back.

Watch a couple Kitchens interviews. I think he will be an an awesome HC, the players love him. 

Just now, ET80 said:

And this is where it gets tricky. It's easier - or should I say, less stressful - when there's no expectations. Once people start murmuring about playoffs and AFCCG type comments start popping up, the pressure is on. Moral victories stop existing, you've got to win.

If you don't, it's chaos.

I still think we will be alright. None of us knows what the future brings but I'm cautiously optimistic. The one thing that scares me is injuries but there is not much that can be done about that so we will see where the chips lie

Just now, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Watch a couple Kitchens interviews. I think he will be an an awesome HC, the players love him. 

Same was said about Luke Walton when he was an assistant coach for the Golden State Warriors.  Everyone said he's a smart and vibrant head coach.  The Lakers players got along with him just fine when there were no expectations attached to the team.  The goal for the Lakers was just to get better and everyone was patient.

Look at a few post above.  "Anything less than an AFC championship would be a disappointment."  That's insane.  This team literally went from just getting better and developing young talent to now making it to the AFC championship.

It's easy for players to love a coach when the expectations are really low (like they were last year) and there is no pressure.  The team got better when Mayfield became the QB and there was a lot of excitement.  This upcoming season is way different.  Now there are massive expectations on a team filled with players who have never experienced this before and a first year head coach.

3 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

It's more than the players loving him. He's got to call a good game now - simply not being Hue Jackson isn't going to work for this season.

Archived