Browns will have the best offense in 2019!

buno67

4 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Both Watson and Wentz have been held back by health issues. I hope they both have long and successful careers as it's entertaining to watch the best players. 

Which you can't predict - nobody wants to see good/great players get hurt, but it's a violent sport.

We've seen pure regression in other instances as well - Cam Newton his rookie season, Dak Prescott in Y2, Matt Ryan from Y1 to Y2 - so it's not always health related.

It happens.

Just now, ET80 said:

Which you can't predict - nobody wants to see good/great players get hurt, but it's a violent sport.

We've seen pure regression in other instances as well - Cam Newton his rookie season, Dak Prescott in Y2, Matt Ryan from Y1 to Y2 - so it's not always health related.

I think the new rules should protect them a lot more. Cam has definitely had health issues and I think Matt Ryan is having O-line issues. As for Dak, he's alright but teams have more or less figured him out. 

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How am I going to make a clown out of myself?  I haven’t made any bold predictions for next season other than saying an offense with OBJ, Juice, Calloway, Njoku, Baker, Hunt, Duke and Chubb should be pretty good.  Hell I argued some Browns fans should temper overall expectations.

All I gave was an opinion and backed it up with 3rd party statistical data that corroborated it. Should we just post “uh huh” and “nuh uh” back and forth until someone gets bored?

This. On paper we have an extremely talented offense. And I think we have the potential to be an elite offense, but no one should be making any bold claims. We've gotta see how Baker progresses from year one to two, how Freddie handles going from OC for half a season to HC, and how everyone gels together.

But some of these guys acting like Baker breaking the rookie TD record (in 13.5 games mind you) is some sort of meaningless feat is truly hilarious.

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

This. On paper we have an extremely talented offense. And I think we have the potential to be an elite offense, but no one should be making any bold claims. We've gotta see how Baker progresses from year one to two, how Freddie handles going from OC for half a season to HC, and how everyone gels together.

But some of these guys acting like Baker breaking the rookie TD record (in 13.5 games mind you) is some sort of meaningless feat is truly hilarious.

Meaningless no, but on the other hand, you guys treat it as if it means he's going to go out and absolutely 100% replicate the kind of season Mahomes just had, without fail. It means something, just not as much of something as you guys make it out to be.

6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

We cool, we cool.

6 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I'm not that guy, and I bet it's frustrating - it means something, but it's not the end all be all to this talk. I think you get that overall. I do to.

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Meaningless no, but on the other hand, you guys treat it as if it means he's going to go out and absolutely 100% replicate the kind of season Mahomes just had, without fail. It means something, just not as much of something as you guys make it out to be.

I've never said that. And I realize him breaking the record needs to be put into context with the league being more passer-friendly than ever before, but it's still an impressive feat. I don't expect Baker to come out next season putting up Mahomes-like stats, but based on what I have seen from him and the talent we've added, I think he could easily be a top 10 QB next season. Will he? We'll obviously have to wait and see as the game is obviously played on the field and not on paper. But I don't think it's ludicrous of me to say Baker is very capable of playing at a top 10 level next season.

7 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I've never said that. And I realize him breaking the record needs to be put into context with the league being more passer-friendly than ever before, but it's still an impressive feat. I don't expect Baker to come out next season putting up Mahomes-like stats, but based on what I have seen from him and the talent we've added, I think he could easily be a top 10 QB next season. Will he? We'll obviously have to wait and see as the game is obviously played on the field and not on paper. But I don't think it's ludicrous of me to say Baker is very capable of playing at a top 10 level next season.

Top 5 is very possible imo. At least fringe top 5.

9 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Top 5 is very possible imo. At least fringe top 5.

If this was 3-4 seasons ago, I would have probably agreed. Problem is there are just so many damn good QBs now that even breaking into the top 10 is difficult for good QBs to do. I do think Baker can land somewhere between 8-12 if he stays on his current trajectory, but that still remains to be seen.

I'd go nuts if we just made the playoffs. I'm hoping for 11 wins (I'd pick 10 but the last time we got 10 wins we missed the playoffs still lol).

My expectations are certainly tempered. I think we're good if we make the playoffs - anything extra is just crazy. Certainly shouldn't be reaching the AFC Championship or Super Bowl. With the OBJ trade, I think I can say that we're now playoff contenders.

At the same time, I'm not gonna rain on another Browns fan's parade. If they want to scream Super Bowl - so be it. We've endured more misery than ANY OTHER NFL FAN-BASE in the last 20 years. Be logical all you want - but don't be appalled and taken aback and disturbed and shocked and outraged that Browns fans are making some absurd statements only 2 days from the OBJ trade and what looks to be an improving Browns team. We have the largest organized fan club for football in the world. We are the Sleeping Giant so get prepared for our passion, especially since we've taken it up the pooper from other NFL fans, the media, other NFL teams, coaches, and players, free agents who wouldn't dare glance our way, and even college players - for 20 years.

Get used to it.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

If this was 3-4 seasons ago, I would have probably agreed. Problem is there are just so many damn good QBs now that even breaking into the top 10 is difficult for good QBs to do. I do think Baker can land somewhere between 8-12 if he stays on his current trajectory, but that still remains to be seen.

I think the thing that makes me more likely to agree with top 5, even if he isn’t necessarily as good as say Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees, etc., is the supporting cast.

OBJ, Juice, Calloway, Njoku, Hunt, Duke, and Chubb is a lot of high end talent that runs deep.

Baker just has to get it in their hands.

We have arguably the most talented skill players in the league.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think the thing that makes me more likely to agree with top 5, even if he isn’t necessarily as good as say Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees, etc., is the supporting cast.

OBJ, Juice, Calloway, Njoku, Hunt, Duke, and Chubb is a lot of high end talent that runs deep.

There's a difference between being top 5 statistically and being top 5. There are many examples of this over the years. He certainly has all the talent around him to have a good season statistically.

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He should be top 5 in QB stats. As long as he gets it to open men (he will) Mayfield will put up big stats

i think some other older QBs (Rodgers, Brady) could be better while putting up less numbers due to weaker supporting casts, but I also think we’re seeing a shift and in 2019 guys like Brees and Roethlisberger won’t be seen as top quarterbacks anymore. 

I think Mahomes and Mayfield will lead this charge along with more veteran players like Luck and Wilson. Exciting

Archived