Browns will have the best offense in 2019!

buno67

This team looks nice on paper, but the talent on it has only proven to be talking heads so far with a complete unknown for a HC. I still don't think they can take the Rams, Patriots, Saints, Chargers and Chiefs when it counts

To think, it was just the start of last season that the Browns were being used as free marketing for Bud-light based off their losing streak. Now? You're talking about 1 of the AFC favorites going into the season. The NFL is amazing. 

6 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

This team looks nice on paper, but the talent on it has only proven to be talking heads so far with a complete unknown for a HC. I still don't think they can take the Rams, Patriots, Saints, Chargers and Chiefs when it counts

If Kitchens can do good things with Mayfield last year without OBJ / Hunt and with Hue Jackson, think what he can do WITH those 2 and Monken who made Fitzmagic look REALLY good. 

Just now, Nick_gb said:

If Kitchens can do good things with Mayfield last year without OBJ / Hunt and with Hue Jackson, think what he can do WITH those 2 and Monken who made Fitzmagic look REALLY good. 

Theoretically, sure. But there is the added responsibility of full control/decisions and dealing with young players and no known leadership on the roster now...

On paper this team has the best offense. That is contingent on everyone getting along and on Baker's progression. Everyone expects Baker to take another big step forward. We'll see if he can do it.

I don't think there is a team in the NFL with as much pure raw talent right now though. This might be the most talented team in the NFL in terms of raw ability. Can the coaches and QB make it the best TEAM in the NFL? I have a lot more questions about that.

Browns are one of the top 5-10 teams in the league right now, at least on paper.

5 hours ago, DawgX said:

I won't say the Browns will have a better offense than KC. Mahomes is the real deal, and it'll be fun to see how both he and Baker develop in their second years starting. Kelce > Njoku. And Reid has proven to be a good head coach, while Kitchens hasn't.

I will say that we have the potential to be a better overall team than KC, though. We should actually have a solid to good defense, while theirs is still pretty questionable. But we'll obviously have to prove it.

on paper, sure. you guys have the better players. as you say they have the mad scientist Andy Reid though, thats a huge advantage. 

I am always worried about coordinators who havent called plays before, who get promoted mid season and tear it up for only a few games. Teams will break you down all off season and its hard to anticipate how they will attack you. Then you add in the fact they promoted him to HC? There is a lot of risk there, that is all I am saying.. (and you obviously agreed with that, to be fair)

Although with the talent you have, even if the scheme/playcalls arent great, you can still win matchups and score points. going to be nuts

I cant believe this is a legitimate conversation we are having lol

9 minutes ago, N4L said:

on paper, sure. you guys have the better players. They have the mad scientist Andy Reid though, thats a huge advantage. 

I am always worried about coordinators who havent called plays before, who get promoted mid season and tear it up for only a few games. Teams will break you down all off season and its hard to anticipate how they will attack you. Then you add in the fact they promoted him to HC? There is a lot of risk there, that is all I am saying.

I cant believe this is a legitimate conversation we are having lol

I don't think Andy Reid is the mad scientist people make him out to be. He certainly wins games, but when it comes to winning a Superbowl? He's yet to do that and that's despite having some pretty talented teams in his Eagles tenure including one that was dubbed the "dream team". I know this is going to look a lot like salt and I'm probably in the minority here with this belief but I'm okay with that. 

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

I don't think Andy Reid is the mad scientist people make him out to be. He certainly wins games, but when it comes to winning a Superbowl? He's yet to do that and that's despite having some pretty talented teams in his Eagles tenure including one that was dubbed the "dream team". I know this is going to look a lot like salt and I'm probably in the minority here with this belief but I'm okay with that. 

He is the mad scientist because he has been on the cutting edge of play design for like 20 years. His offenses are always innovative. 

He struggles in other areas as a HC, like clock management for example. But designing and calling plays? one of the best ever to be sure. 

Archived