Jump to content
buno67

Browns will have the best offense in 2019!

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Cooks/Woods/Kupp > OBJ/Landy/Calloway

OBJ is better than Cooks, but Woods and Kupp are better than Landry and Calloway

Gurley > Hunt/Chubb as well (although that one is really close)

Njoku > Higbee/Everett

Rams OL is probably better as well, although that's less certain now.

But overall the Rams have the best trio of WRs in the NFL, which gives them the edge over the Browns. I'd also put the Chiefs above them with Hill/Kelce/Watkins - but it's extremely impressive that the Browns have made this conversation.

There's no way in hell I would take those Rams three receivers over the Browns.

After watching Gurley in the postseason and the reports about him having arthritis in his knee.... I'm taking a duo of Hunt and Chubb over him without a doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gurley isn't better than anyone at the RB position at the moment.  Who knows if he is actually going to even play in 2019.  A healthy Gurley, absolutely but he isn't healthy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, showtime said:

There's no way in hell I would take those Rams three receivers over the Browns.

After watching Gurley in the postseason and the reports about him having arthritis in his knee.... I'm taking a duo of Hunt and Chubb over him without a doubt.

 

Really? Here's now I would rank them:

 

OBJ

Kupp

Cooks

Woods

Landry

Calloway

Easy decision for me. And if we're using Gurley's injury as a qualifier, Hunt may never even play for the Browns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, showtime said:

There's no way in hell I would take those Rams three receivers over the Browns.

After watching Gurley in the postseason and the reports about him having arthritis in his knee.... I'm taking a duo of Hunt and Chubb over him without a doubt.

WR is at worst a push for the Browns and they probably have the best RBs in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FrantikRam said:

 

Really? Here's now I would rank them:

 

OBJ

Kupp

Cooks

Woods

Landry

Calloway

Easy decision for me. And if we're using Gurley's injury as a qualifier, Hunt may never even play for the Browns.

Kupp isn't the second best receiver in that group.  Kupp is a good player and a security blanket for Jared Goff, but he isn't better than Brandin Cooks.  Landry is a similar player to Kupp, tbh.  Kupp just played in a super wide open offense that scored a crap ton of points, as opposed to Landry who played with crap QB's in Miami and when  he first went to Cleveland until Mayfield started.

Odell Beckham Jr. is WAY better (like in a different galaxy) than anyone on that list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Kupp isn't the second best receiver in that group.  Kupp is a good player and a security blanket for Jared Goff, but he isn't better than Brandin Cooks.  Landry is a similar player to Kupp, tbh.  Kupp just played in a super wide open offense that scored a crap ton of points, as opposed to Landry who played with crap QB's in Miami and when  he first went to Cleveland until Mayfield started.

Odell Beckham Jr. is WAY better (like in a different galaxy) than anyone on that list.

 

I agree that OBJ is significantly better, but all three Rams WRs are better than Landry. Landry has been overrated his entire career.

Kupp was the best WR in this wide open offense when he was healthy and made several huge plays. He tied for the team lead in TDs having missed half the year. For my money, Kupp is the best Rams WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, showtime said:

There's no way in hell I would take those Rams three receivers over the Browns.

After watching Gurley in the postseason and the reports about him having arthritis in his knee.... I'm taking a duo of Hunt and Chubb over him without a doubt.

The hysteria about Gurley is amusing. He's still the best HB in football. And there's no way the Browns trio is better than ours. It's fair to call it a push. OBJ is better than Cooks, but I'm taking Woods and Kupp over Landry and Callaway or Higgins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, buno67 said:

2vw7bt.jpg

53761199_2319134798124647_36778009739688

UglyHiddenCanadagoose-size_restricted.gi

We don't know how well Baker will gel with OBJ. If those two click, then yes, Cleveland will have a very dangerous offense. We also do not know what the league will do with Hunt.

Edited by Elky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, showtime said:

Kupp isn't the second best receiver in that group.  Kupp is a good player and a security blanket for Jared Goff, but he isn't better than Brandin Cooks.  Landry is a similar player to Kupp, tbh.  Kupp just played in a super wide open offense that scored a crap ton of points, as opposed to Landry who played with crap QB's in Miami and when  he first went to Cleveland until Mayfield started.

Odell Beckham Jr. is WAY better (like in a different galaxy) than anyone on that list.

Kupp is a rich man's version of Landry. Kupp is a total stud. He was our best WR prior to his injury. OBJ is the best of the group, but I'd take all of Kupp, Woods, and Cooks over Landry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The hysteria about Gurley is amusing. He's still the best HB in football. And there's no way the Browns trio is better than ours. It's fair to call it a push. OBJ is better than Cooks, but I'm taking Woods and Kupp over Landry and Callaway or Higgins.

Hysteria?  I just watched Gurley in the two biggest games of his life and he couldn't do anything.  He has arthritis in his knee.  I've always said Gurley was the best, but arthritis doesn't go away and only gets worse.

Give me Kareem Hunt and Nick Chubb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Kupp is a rich man's version of Landry. Kupp is a total stud. He was our best WR prior to his injury. OBJ is the best of the group, but I'd take all of Kupp, Woods, and Cooks over Landry.

Landry and Kupp are similar players to me.  Look at the offensive system Kupp plays in and the QB he has throwing him the ball.  Put Kupp on the Dolphins the years Landry was there and I'd be interested to see what would have happened. 

Both guys are really good route runners, sure hands and high IQ players.  If you want to say Kupp is better, that's fine, but it's pretty close between the two.  Plus, Landry has been team's #1 receiver, while Kupp has not been.  Kupp rarely has the other team's best corner covering him like Landry does. 

This upcoming season, Landry gets to play the #2 role (a role better suited for him) and will almost never have the other team's best CB on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, showtime said:

Hysteria?  I just watched Gurley in the two biggest games of his life and he couldn't do anything.  He has arthritis in his knee.  I've always said Gurley was the best, but arthritis doesn't go away and only gets worse.

Give me Kareem Hunt and Nick Chubb. 

No, there's a rumor that Gurley has arthritis in his knee. Arthritis is a chronic issue. If Gurley has arthritis, it wouldn't have waited to manifest itself until the very end of the year. That means one of two things: 1) Gurley doesn't have arthritis or 2) Gurley has arthritis and played at a MVP level for most of the year with it. If it's #2, that means the key here is managing Gurley's reps, which won't be an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, showtime said:

Landry and Kupp are similar players to me.  Look at the offensive system Kupp plays in and the QB he has throwing him the ball.  Put Kupp on the Dolphins the years Landry was there and I'd be interested to see what would have happened. 

Both guys are really good route runners, sure hands and high IQ players.  If you want to say Kupp is better, that's fine, but it's pretty close between the two.  Plus, Landry has been team's #1 receiver, while Kupp has not been.  Kupp rarely has the other team's best corner covering him like Landry does. 

This upcoming season, Landry gets to play the #2 role (a role better suited for him) and will almost never have the other team's best CB on him.

Landry has spent basically his entire career feasting on a high volume of targets in the slot. Few teams move their top CBs into the slot. Kupp is a rich man's version of Landry. Landry has never possessed great movement skills. He's slow with average quickness. Where he shines is his physicality, football IQ, hands, and route running. Kupp, on the other hand, has great movement skills. He's not fast, but he's very quick. He also shines in the other areas I named for Landry. Kupp's superior movement skills are a big part of why he's been a much bigger threat down the field than Landry.

Yes, Kupp has played in a better system with a better QB, but he's also a better player. Before Darian Stewart injured him with an illegal tackle, Kupp was on pace for 96 receptions for 1402 yards (14.6 YPC) and 16 TDs. Now, those numbers would have dropped to some degree, but had he stayed healthy, I'd bet money he would have hit 80+ catches, 1200+ yards, and 10+ TDs. Kupp and Woods are leagues better than Landry and Callaway. It's possible Callaway progresses and closes the gap, but he hasn't shown that yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Callaway is going to eat good this year

nah... he kinda sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×