Browns will have the best offense in 2019!

buno67

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't see why he couldn't play both ways. 

Also if you could get some kind of harness maybe he could punt. The bend on those blades may slingshot the ball into outer space.

Swap the blades out for pogo sticks - boom, there's your FG blocking team. Have him swat at the ball like a volleyball, train one of your guys (probably Matt Slater because he's a boss) to track the deflection in flight - that's a 10 point swing right there.

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

And I'm not saying you guys shouldn't be excited, but take it from someone who's been there done that. Exercise caution and don't expect Baker to play at the highest level for all 16 games. He's going to have his off days still. Let him prove what he's got longer and more consistently before making clowns out of yourselves. 

Given that it's @Danger (Carson Wentz) @jrry32 (Jared Goff) and myself (Deshaun Watson) we speak from very specific, very relevant experience.

Be mindful of those who have been here before.

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

And I'm not saying you guys shouldn't be excited, but take it from someone who's been there done that. Exercise caution and don't expect Baker to play at the highest level for all 16 games. He's going to have his off days still. Let him prove what he's got longer and more consistently before making clowns out of yourselves. 

everyone ****s on the browns anyways, why does it matter?
dude was the most efficient college passer two years in a row, breaking his own record and then goes on to set the rookie record for touchdown passes in a season in only 13 games.  
no caution here

Just now, mistakey said:

everyone ****s on the browns anyways, why does it matter?
dude was the most efficient college passer two years in a row, breaking his own record and then goes on to set the rookie record for touchdown passes in a season in only 13 games.  
no caution here

I mean. Oklahoma routinely has guys at QB putting up huge numbers. Heck the Big XII in general is known for not playing defense.

Just now, Danger said:

I mean. Oklahoma routinely has guys at QB putting up huge numbers. Heck the Big XII in general is known for not playing defense.

and i mean he just set the record for touchdown passes in a season for a rookie qb

Just now, mistakey said:

and i mean he just set the record for touchdown passes in a season for a rookie qb

Here we go with that statistic again. In the by far most passer friendly season ever to have been in the NFL.

Just now, Danger said:

Here we go with that statistic again. In the by far most passer friendly season ever to have been in the NFL.

ah yes.  which statistics are ok to use?  no dvoa no pff no raw touchdown numbers...
just statistics that fit your narrative or your eye test?

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Given that it's @Danger (Carson Wentz) @jrry32 (Jared Goff) and myself (Deshaun Watson) we speak from very specific, very relevant experience.

Be mindful of those who have been here before.

what relevant experience? all of those players got better in their second season?  why are you telling us to be cautious then

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

what relevant experience? all of those players got better in their second season?  why are you telling us to be cautious then

But none of them reached the expectation put forth on them during the off-season. Watson was supposed to be an MVP candidate, but fell WAY short, despite a good season. Wentz was an MVP candidate, then blew out his knee. 

These things go rarely as planned. Nobody goes wire-to-wire with the expectations set before them. 

22 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You guys are citing a stretch of 8 games where Baker had 19 TDs to 8 Ints. But in three games against Cincy and Atlanta (who both had dreadful pass defenses), Baker threw 10 TDs to 0 Ints. That means in the other 5 games, he had 9 TDs to 8 Ints. That's not MVP level.

1000% this.

No one, jrry32 included, has said Baker didn't play extremely well over that span. The argument is simply that he didn't play at an MVP level. He had 3 BIG time games against 2 teams that were #29 and #25 in Pass D DVOA. It's not that he was Mark Sanchez in the other games, but you are using those three games to sell the argument that he was an MVP candidate for half the season and further projecting that if he had those numbers all year (another BIG if), he would have been in the discussion. Just seems a bit disingenuous to reality, especially considering that despite DVOA (which, although a decent argument, obviously isn't the be all end all of statistics), he went 19/8 over that span.

5 minutes ago, mistakey said:

And - for the record - Watson regressed from his rookie season to this season.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

But none of them reached the expectation put forth on them during the off-season. Watson was supposed to be an MVP candidate, but fell WAY short, despite a good season. Wentz was an MVP candidate, then blew out his knee. 

These things go rarely as planned. 

Both Watson and Wentz have been held back by health issues. I hope they both have long and successful careers as it's entertaining to watch the best players. 

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

How am I going to make a clown out of myself?  I haven’t made any bold predictions for next season other than saying an offense with OBJ, Juice, Calloway, Njoku, Baker, Hunt, Duke and Chubb should be pretty good.  Hell I argued some Browns fans should temper overall expectations.

All I gave was an opinion and backed it up with 3rd party statistical data that corroborated it. Should we just post “uh huh” and “nuh uh” back and forth until someone gets bored?

1 minute ago, mistakey said:

ah yes.  which statistics are ok to use?  no dvoa no pff no raw touchdown numbers...
just statistics that fit your narrative or your eye test?

lmfao you're so defensive.

Based on the statistics here: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/NFL/index.htm

Calculating Cumulative League passer rating for the past ~30 seasons. No other season comes close to how passer friendly 2018 was.

Rating  
91.67 2018
84.98 2017
87.46 2016
87.49 2015
87.18 2014
84.19 2013
84.37 2012
82.68 2011
82.65 2010
81.73 2009
81.97 2008
81.45 2007
79.01 2006
78.36 2005
81.04 2004
76.15 2003
79.28 2002
76.70 2001
75.91 2000
75.10 1999
76.00 1998
74.97 1997
75.33 1996
77.13 1995
76.19 1994
75.66 1993
72.82 1992
73.77 1991
74.77 1990

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How am I going to make a clown out of myself?  I haven’t made any bold predictions for next season other than saying an offense with OBJ, Juice, Calloway, Njoku, Baker, Hunt, Duke and Chubb should be pretty good.  Hell I argued some Browns fans should temper overall expectations.

All I gave was an opinion and backed it up with 3rd party statistical data that corroborated it. Should we just post “uh huh” and “nuh uh” back and forth until someone gets bored?

No, you've always been respectable about your excitement, I'm not talking about you specifically. You're doing it the right way.

Archived