Browns will have the best offense in 2019!

buno67

Just now, N4L said:

He is the mad scientist because he has been on the cutting edge of play design for like 20 years. His offenses are always innovative. 

He struggles in other areas as a HC, like clock management for example. But designing and calling plays? one of the best ever to be sure. 

Valid point, I wasn't attacking him from the perspective you're talking. More so, his ability to get a championship to the teams he's coaching. Feel like he's really good at winning games not so much championships though and that's with some very talented teams he's had to work with during his career.

1 minute ago, Nick_gb said:

Valid point, I wasn't attacking him from the perspective you're talking. More so, his ability to get a championship to the teams he's coaching. Feel like he's really good at winning games not so much championships though and that's with some very talented teams he's had to work with during his career.

absolutely, I knew what you meant and it is certainly fair criticism. The fact he lost to TEN in the playoffs a few years ago was a travesty. 

I really think that KC will regret cutting Hunt, especially if these teams play in the playoffs.  

The Chiefs were historically good on offense last year and are in prime position to repeat baring injury. That's with the loss of Watkins for 6 games, the entire interior line for several games, Hunt the last 1/4 of the season. The Browns will be fun to watch but lets cool the talk of the best offense next year. 

Baker Mayfield

Nick Chubb

Kareem Hunt

Duke Johnson

Odell Beckham

Jarvis Landry

Antonio Callaway

Rishard Higgins

David Njocku

Seth Devalve  

Greg Robinson

Joel Bitonio

JC Tretter

Austin Corbett

Chris Hubbard

Maybe KC maybe 

It’ll all depend on how much better Mahomes and Reid are than Baker and Freddie 

because overall I think our backfield takes us over the edge 

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

On paper this team has the best offense. That is contingent on everyone getting along and on Baker's progression. Everyone expects Baker to take another big step forward. We'll see if he can do it.

I don't think there is a team in the NFL with as much pure raw talent right now though. This might be the most talented team in the NFL in terms of raw ability. Can the coaches and QB make it the best TEAM in the NFL? I have a lot more questions about that.

Browns are one of the top 5-10 teams in the league right now, at least on paper.

They easily have the most talented group of skill players now

A lot will be put upon Kitchens next year I mean this looks like a 10 win team that makes the playoffs. I was dubious of the hire when it happened but I’d like to give him a fair shake. The offense really began to click when Hue and Todd were out of the picture so obviously with what’s been added expecting to be a top 5 or even the top 1 offense in the NFL isn’t unreasonable. I see no reason why this team can’t be one of the best offense sin the NFL. I’m still in moderate shock by the one year ago today if this topic was made I would not have known quite how to respond. The offense will be up there no matter what but for this team to at least be in contention on week 17 to make the playoffs Kitchens needs to prove he’s the right guy for the job. 

3 hours ago, jaa1025 said:

The Chiefs were historically good on offense last year and are in prime position to repeat baring injury. That's with the loss of Watkins for 6 games, the entire interior line for several games, Hunt the last 1/4 of the season. The Browns will be fun to watch but lets cool the talk of the best offense next year. 

Look at the history of “historically Great” offenses the next season 

51 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

A lot will be put upon Kitchens next year I mean this looks like a 10 win team that makes the playoffs. I was dubious of the hire when it happened but I’d like to give him a fair shake. The offense really began to click when Hue and Todd were out of the picture so obviously with what’s been added expecting to be a top 5 or even the top 1 offense in the NFL isn’t unreasonable. I see no reason why this team can’t be one of the best offense sin the NFL. I’m still in moderate shock by the one year ago today if this topic was made I would not have known quite how to respond. The offense will be up there no matter what but for this team to at least be in contention on week 17 to make the playoffs Kitchens needs to prove he’s the right guy for the job. 

First thing I will say is, I believe Kitchen should have success because I believe he himself has the personality to handle all the personalities in that locker room. He will not try to change a player. He will let his players be who they are and allow them to be comfortable in their own skin. To me, I think that’s why Baker took off with Freddie. I think Freddie just connected with Baker. He let Baker be himself. It allowed Baker to have fun and it just translated to him having success on the field. Baker wasn’t right, wasn’t worried, just went out and played. When you saw those two interact after a TD or just in general on the sidelines they were having fun with one another. Like they weren’t taking themselves too serious. 

I also think Monkin is going to be huge for Freddie as well. A great experience OC that can help run the offense while Freddie runs the team. We thought Monkin had a successful passing attack with Djax and Evans, let’s see what he can do with Landry and OBJ. 

6 hours ago, Marc MacGyver said:

Be honest Cleveland. This is 10x better than LeBron coming home.

Browns finally a force again. 

Not a Browns fan, though I am a Cavs fan, but if I were a Browns fan I would 100x agree.  There were some hindsight issues with the roster the Cavs would've had at the time of LeBron's return, but I really liked what they had there and didn't like them gutting their future for the chance at a title and to bend to LeBron's whim all over again.  These moves I think is so much better for Cleveland sports because they don't take away from what was already being built to cater to the whims of a narcissist.  I'm still thankful to LeBron for the title though.

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

On paper this team has the best offense. That is contingent on everyone getting along and on Baker's progression. Everyone expects Baker to take another big step forward. We'll see if he can do it.

I don't think there is a team in the NFL with as much pure raw talent right now though. This might be the most talented team in the NFL in terms of raw ability. Can the coaches and QB make it the best TEAM in the NFL? I have a lot more questions about that.

Browns are one of the top 5-10 teams in the league right now, at least on paper.

I'm far from sold y'all have the best offense on paper. In order to believe that, you have to believe that Baker is going to take a gigantic leap forward. Otherwise, your skill players and OL aren't head and shoulders better than those on the Rams and Chiefs. And since we're only talking about talent, that doesn't take into account the proven play-calling that the Rams and Chiefs have. I think quite highly of Todd Monken, so I think y'all will do well there, but McVay and Reid are elite.

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

Baker Mayfield

Nick Chubb

Kareem Hunt

Duke Johnson

Odell Beckham

Jarvis Landry

Antonio Callaway

Rishard Higgins

David Njocku

Seth Devalve  

Greg Robinson

Joel Bitonio

JC Tretter

Austin Corbett

Chris Hubbard

Maybe KC maybe 

It’ll all depend on how much better Mahomes and Reid are than Baker and Freddie 

because overall I think our backfield takes us over the edge 

I'm not sure why y'all keep citing your backfield when Hunt is almost certainly going to be suspended for 6 to 10 games. A Chubb/Johnson backfield (assuming Johnson isn't traded) is nice, but it's not special. Now, when Hunt returns, it's a damn good backfield. But again, he's unlikely to play most of the year. Otherwise, your receiving weapons are great, but your OL is pretty average. It's definitely a top 5 talented offense, but how big of a leap Baker and your OL are able to make are what will tell the story here. You hired a good OL Coach in Campen, so it'll be interesting to see.

20 minutes ago, tom cody said:

They're looking good. Only thing that worries me is the personalities that exist on the team. Can they all co-exist? If so no reason they can't win 10-12 games.

I can see them being the 90s Cowboys. It's just a wonder if Kitchens will end up being Jimmy or Barry.

43 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Browns probably have the biggest window in the league right now. So many players on rookie contracts and stars already signed. If they don't win it in the next 3 seasons, it's going to be a travesty.

My guess is next 2 years because either 2021 is a lockout or/and Baker Mayfield gets a contract extension after 2020 (along with Garrett) and the cap is getting tighter. Chiefs should have a good shot in 2019 and 2020 as well. So pretty similar. What comes after that remains to be seen with all those contract extensions coming up.

I'm not sure I would call it a travesty though. 

Winning a championship is hard. 

Archived