Browns will have the best offense in 2019!

buno67

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

You have no idea how the browns OL will do with a new RG. It’s not like he is being replaced with some late rd pick or UDFA or some scrap off of FA. Corbett was a 2nd rd pick for a reason and they clearly believe he is ready to play. Also Zeitler didn’t play at a high level the entire season. He was pretty bad the first couple weeks. He got better once baker took over and became a stud once Freddie came in and changed schemes around l. 

Hey the Ravens had game tape on him. About 7games worth of Baker and Freddie and had the game Baker played against them previously in the season. Baker still flirted with 400yards passing. Hell if Jarvis does take a would be 85+ yard touchdown pass off the facemask, Baker does go for 400yards. 

I would be worried about Baker regressing if he didn’t show such a high IQ and mental approach to the game or wasn’t so surgical in the redzone

He was the #6 ranked guard according to PFF. While there's always someone better who CAN come along, it doesn't mean it's a sure thing. Even then, Zeitler is one of the better guards in the NFL. Because some guard named Corbett was a 2nd round pick doesn't mean he's a lock for playing at that level. Ever heard of 1st round busts? Well 2nd+ rounders are even moreso a risk.

As for Mayfield, so far I've been 100% wrong about him. I thought he'd bust and wasn't a good product for Cleveland's system. That said, let me see another year, first.

28 minutes ago, NFL_Announcer said:

Because some guard named Corbett was a 2nd round pick doesn't mean he's a lock for playing at that level

Let me sing you the ballad of Xavier Sua Filo...

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

I'd still take Chiefs, Rams, and Saints over the Browns. Probably the Eagles too. Kitchens is the unknown. I think the offensive minds on the 4 teams I listed above the Browns are superior to Kitchens which is the difference for me. 

Yeah, I'm going to disagree with that one, that is a flat out false statement. You have a solid 8 game sample size, enough to form an opinion of him and obviously he was hired at the head coach so he must have had a great deal of success. I would implore you to go back and watch some actual games so that you can be more clear.

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

lets be honest, he had a pretty poor rookie year. he had tons of opportunity and did little with it. maybe he gets better or maybe this is just who he is. 

What are we talking about here?

A) He didn't even play the 2017 season

B) Hue Jackson basically threw him to the wolves, he really shouldn't have been playing this year on any other team

C) He took everything the Browns threw at him (Playbook, correct route running, conditioning) like a champ, he took his lumps, took his losses and got stronger as year went by

D) You lack perspective, that's a pretty lazy assessment of Callaway

E) Callaway has a pretty strong upside IMO, 3 or 4 years from now I can easily see him being similar to a Santonio Holmes type of player

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:
53 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I'm okay with human trafficking, but don't you dare exaggerate(?) how good your amazing QB is.

This.

Human trafficking is real. Mayfield being elite isnt. I am just saying you need to live in reality. 

13 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yeah, I'm going to disagree with that one, that is a flat out false statement. You have a solid 8 game sample size, enough to form an opinion of him and obviously he was hired at the head coach so he must have had a great deal of success. I would implore you to go back and watch some actual games so that you can be more clear.

He averaged 24 points a game after taking over. That's good. I also don't think an 8 game sample size is even close to enough. He's certainly not in the same class as the other 4 based on last year and we have no idea how he adapts to being the head coach. I'd be encouraged with him as a Browns fan but I don't view him as an offensive genius yet and neither should anyone. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Human trafficking is real. Mayfield being elite isnt. I am just saying you need to live in reality. 

Don’t be salty that the Browns are back in their rightful spot as America’s team. 

Cowboys were like the lannisters! Sitting on a throne of lies! We Browns are house Targaryen and the rightful heir to the Throne

bow down to the King of the (AFC) North!

we will sick Dragon Beckham and Dragon Baker  on your armies and King Dorsey will take what is his!!!

Just now, LeotheLion said:

He averaged 24 points a game after taking over. That's good. I also don't think an 8 game sample size is even close to enough. He's certainly not in the same class as the other 4 based on last year and we have no idea how he adapts to being the head coach. I'd be encouraged with him as a Browns fan but I don't view him as an offensive genius yet and neither should anyone. 

Well good thing they hired an offensive genius in Monken. Who has had a top10 offense by yards the past two years and no longer has to work with an idiot QB in Winston. Took a combo of Fitz and Winston to one of the best passing attacks in the league 

Just now, buno67 said:

Well good thing they hired an offensive genius in Monken. Who has had a top10 offense by yards the past two years and no longer has to work with an idiot QB in Winston. Took a combo of Fitz and Winston to one of the best passing attacks in the league 

I don't really care about yards at all. Points should be how offenses are judged. I like Monken but I don't think I'd call him a genius. 

27 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I don't really care about yards at all. Points should be how offenses are judged. I like Monken but I don't think I'd call him a genius. 

They were top10 in points last year but they were also a horrible redzone offense. I would assume with better QB play and rushing attack They would have scored more points. Good thing Freddie and his offense was surgical in the redzone last year. So it can be a perfect marriage. 

Also Monken excels with airraid passing attacks. The Browns didn’t really have in their passing schemes even tho it’s what Baker knows best. 

So a Monken and Freddie combo might work very well. 

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

They were top10 in points last year but they were also a horrible redzone offense. I would assume with better QB play and rushing attack They would have scored more points. Good thing Freddie and his offense was surgical in the redzone last year. So it can be a perfect marriage. 

Also Monken excels with airraid passing attacks. The Browns didn’t really have in their passing schemes even tho it’s what Baker knows best. 

So a Monken and Freddie combo might work very well. 

I agree it might work really well. I would expect the Browns to be top 10 in offense. Maybe they can crack the top 5 but I'd be surprised if they were much higher than 5th. Especially in year 1 of it. 

Archived