patriotsheatyan

Who wins the AFCN 2019  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFCN 2019

• Ravens
    • Steelers
    • Browns
    • Bengals

I don't trust Baltimore with Jackson at the helm, the Browns just got a gargantuan influx of talent but the HC is a question mark, the Steelers lost Munchak (which is a big deal) and AB, and the Bengals don't have anything great going on besides canning Lewis.

Ultimately it's a QB driven league and I think I trust Big Ben to get it done the most so I went with them. If Baker builds off his rookie year it'll be the Browns.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I think whoever wins the most games in 2019 will win the AFCN. Which team that is, is yet to be determined because WE HAVEN'T EVEN HAD THE DRAFT YET.

WHAT IF 3 TEAMS TIE WITH THE MOST WINS.

YOUR PREDICTION WOULD BE INVALID.

Probably the team with the combination of the healthiest QB (that's a MUST IMO) and the rest of their "star power". I won't count out the Steelers, Ravens, or Browns. As for the Bengals, I just don't see it, but stranger things have happened. A healthy Dalton/Green/Mixon with a competent OL and competent D could get it done...but that's a lot of ifs. 

I'm going to go with the Steelers right now.

Still think the Browns are wildly overrated and am not sure they'll get 2nd place in the division let alone 1st, but they should at the very least be fun as hell next year.

Edited by Josepho

• 5 months later...

Sheesh the Browns with 27 votes? And since I also voted for the Ravens, that means there were only 5 votes for last year’s division winner at the time of the poll?

Had I seen this before the season I would’ve probably gone with the Steelers or Ravens (probably Steelers), as both franchises have proven track records of getting their team in contention and great organizations from top to bottom. As of now, I’ll go with the Ravens. Lamar’s passing fundamentals and his ball placement took a big jump this year to a degree that even I hadn’t anticipated. So that would make me sway my vote to the Ravens.

Though OL play will continue to be crucial, Lamar has historically been a better passer in the pocket, than out of the pocket. What’s more I still have questions about Lamar’s ball handling in inclement weather. I want to see if that has also been improved. Those are the two key things left for me to see before I truly believe he can be as great I think. And if Lamar can be as good as I think, I think I’m taking talent on the Ravens over any of the other teams in the division.

Edited by diamondbull424

People on here kneejerk to everything, but especially week 1.

Based on week 1, the Ravens are the easy favorites....and hell, they very well could win it....but at this point, every team looks possible.

Browns were a let down, but they are VERY young and have a rookie head coach.   They need time, but have plenty of talent.

Steelers are always inconsistent with stinkers every year, even years they make the playoffs.    Add that it was the Pats, and its just another typical Steelers vs Pats game.

Bengals looks better than expected, but with a rookie head coach, its hard to get a read on them yet.

Ravens looked extremely fast and great on D, but they were also playing what will end up being a historically bad football team in the Dolphins.

I said even before week 1 I expect a very similar AFCN race to 2018 and I stand by that.   Only real difference is my confidence in the Steelers is lower and I think the Bengals will big a bigger factor than originally anticipated.  

I choice is still the Steelers find some sort of garbage way to win the division. But I did and still do have both the Ravens and Steelers making it to the playoffs while the Superbowl Champion Browns miss the playoffs. 

But I wouldn't mind being wrong and hope the Ravens pull it out. I'm just scared of the OL play and Greg Roman.

3 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I choice is still the Steelers find some sort of garbage way to win the division. But I did and still do have both the Ravens and Steelers making it to the playoffs while the Superbowl Champion Browns miss the playoffs. 

But I wouldn't mind being wrong and hope the Ravens pull it out. I'm just scared of the OL play and Greg Roman.

Well, as a Pats fan I hope you don't (I believe Ravens are the team that comes in the most well coached against us nearly every time), but I'd be almost certain you'll either win the Div or WC it. I'm always high on PIT, and CLE could still yet be a difficult team to beat. Interesting season!