Who wins the NFCN 2019  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the NFCN 2019

• Chicago
    • Minnesota
    • Green Bay
    • Detroit

5 hours ago, Spartacus said:

For the first time in 9 years GB actually looks like they have a defense. Their secondary is extremely strong across the board. Jaire Alexander is a perennial pro bowler going forward, Kevin King is a great #2 option if he stays healthy, Amos is an extremely steady solid SS with Savage having potential to be another pro bowler if he keeps up his level of play as a rookie.

Blake Martinez is an above average ILB while the Smiths have provided GB a steady more consistent pass rush. Z Smith is starting to look like a steal out of FA when originally he was considered an overpay. 

Kenny Clark anchors the middle with Dean Lowry and Montravious Adams as the ends. I think both Adams and Lowry are average starters but not spectacular. 

I too am pleased with the defense but the offense is a work in progress.  Defeating MN and Chicago with a sputtering at times offense bodes well for the Pack presently.

12 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I too am pleased with the defense but the offense is a work in progress.  Defeating MN and Chicago with a sputtering at times offense bodes well for the Pack presently.

Assuming Rodgers stays healthy all season, they will at the very least have a solid offense that from time to time really flashes.  And assuming their defense is for real, that's a tough team to beat.  

2 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I think ultimately it ends up: Packers, Lions, Vikings, Bears in a tightly contested division. I think it’ll finish about 11-5, 8-8, 7-9, 6-10. The Bears have an excellent defense but I think they’ll break down due to the offense. 

Trubisky seems to be who everyone thought Lamar Jackson was IMO.

I think you're right with the exception of the Lions.  The Packers or Vikings will win the division at 10-6, the second place will finish 9-7, and the Bears are going to finish 7-9, and the Lions are going 5-11.  Right now, the Packers have the "best" QB almost by default, but their offense has struggled to get in rhythm.  They showed a glimpse of it in the first quarter against the Vikings, but struggled the rest of the game.  The Packers' D has been the biggest factor so far.  Minnesota has probably the best combination of offense and defense, but they're only going as far as Kirk Cousins takes him.  And he's the epitome of QB purgatory.  The Bears have the best defense by far, but their offense is atrocious.  Tru is a mediocre QB, and Nagy isn't doing him any favors of going with the gimmicky offense that will help masquerade his issues.  Lions just straight up don't have enough talent.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think you're right with the exception of the Lions.  The Packers or Vikings will win the division at 10-6, the second place will finish 9-7, and the Bears are going to finish 7-9, and the Lions are going 5-11.  Right now, the Packers have the "best" QB almost by default, but their offense has struggled to get in rhythm.  They showed a glimpse of it in the first quarter against the Vikings, but struggled the rest of the game.  The Packers' D has been the biggest factor so far.  Minnesota has probably the best combination of offense and defense, but they're only going as far as Kirk Cousins takes him.  And he's the epitome of QB purgatory.  The Bears have the best defense by far, but their offense is atrocious.  Tru is a mediocre QB, and Nagy isn't doing him any favors of going with the gimmicky offense that will help masquerade his issues.  Lions just straight up don't have enough talent.

it is statistically impossible for the Lions to go 5-11. Just saying. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

Touche.  5-10-1...I forgot they tied the Cardinals.

I think it will be tough sledding for them to lose 10 games. I don't think they would win the division, but I don't think anyone in the division is playing good enough ball right now to say they are levels ahead of any of the other teams. I think they'd still sweep the Packers (again) even if Green Bay ends up the best team in the division. 

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

I think it will be tough sledding for them to lose 10 games. I don't think they would win the division, but I don't think anyone in the division is playing good enough ball right now to say they are levels ahead of any of the other teams. I think they'd still sweep the Packers (again) even if Green Bay ends up the best team in the division. 

Honestly, I don't think that the next four games are anything that the Lions are going to be within 3 points.  Eagles in Philadelphia, Kansas City at home, Packers in Green Bay, and Minnesota at home.  They've got a pair of games against the Giants and Raiders that I think are going to be very winnable games.  Beyond that, you've got Washington, Tampa Bay, and Denver but 2 of the 3 are road games.  They'll be competitive, but I don't think they're going to sneak up on any of the other NFCN teams.

15 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I have a hard time believing the Lions will win 5 games or less.  They've had 5 wins or less one time since 2009 and this is arguably the best roster they've had in recent memory.  Last year was an abject disaster (Stafford was terrible/injured, coaching staff was dumpy/learning, long term injuries to numerous key players, trading Tate halfway through the season, worst TE and DL group in the league, etc) and they still managed to squeak out 6 wins in a terrible year.  

I just don't think it's realistic to believe this is basically the worst Lions team of the past decade.  But who knows I guess, football is funny.  

Edited by fortdetroit

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I don't think that the next four games are anything that the Lions are going to be within 3 points.  Eagles in Philadelphia, Kansas City at home, Packers in Green Bay, and Minnesota at home.  They've got a pair of games against the Giants and Raiders that I think are going to be very winnable games.  Beyond that, you've got Washington, Tampa Bay, and Denver but 2 of the 3 are road games.  They'll be competitive, but I don't think they're going to sneak up on any of the other NFCN teams.

I have a hard time believing the Lions have no shot to beat GB or MIN.  Those games are usually quite competitive and neither team appears elite.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Minnesota blew their chance at the division and Chicago's offense just isn't good.

I'm taking GB for the division. The offense will get back on track.

How did they blow their chance at the division?  Do you think Green Bay is going to come into US Bank and beat us?  I doubt that very much.