49ers Trade 2020 2nd Rounder For Dee Ford

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, John232 said:

For us*.

He's been legit for a couple years now and just watch him play towards the end of this past season. He was straight destroying tackles. 

better standing up than in a stance though. More effective that way. So that will be a change for him. He needs to get more comfortable doing that. Only 2 sacks last year came when he wasn't standing up. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

better standing up than in a stance though. More effective that way. So that will be a change for him. He needs to get more comfortable doing that. Only 2 sacks last year came when he wasn't standing up. 

Just let him do his thing. If you can't do that as a D-Coordinator, that's on you. See the Bears' corners.

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, when I played DE I much preferred to run out of a 2 point stance. Set my school sack record that year.  But if you can actually learn to play out of a 3 point stance it's way better. 

Hopefully Saleh can scheme him up in a way where he's standing up quite a bit. I feel like Marsh did that a lot too...maybe we see less Marsh..that's nice. 

Just now, John232 said:

Yeah, when I played DE I much preferred to run out of a 2 point stance. Set my school sack record that year.  But if you can actually learn to play out of a 3 point stance it's way better. 

Hopefully Saleh can scheme him up in a way where he's standing up quite a bit. I feel like Marsh did that a lot too...maybe we see less Marsh..that's nice. 

The good thing is that he was in the dirt at Auburn, so it's not like he has no experience doing it well. Just going to take some time as he'll be doing it more frequently than he did with KC. 

Earl Thomas to the Browns might be a fake report. Time will tell. Getting Ford though is the move we've been waiting for the last two offseasons. I think he's worth the risk. We had to do something. I hope we still get Bosa though. I don't think trading down is a good option, and our pass rushing potential shouldn't rely on just Ford to make plays.