Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #32

X_Factor_40

I’m not sure who is league manager but for today I want to place Eloy on the bench and put Trout in the lineup but ESPN App won’t let me do that for some reason. Neither of those players are locked so could someone change that when they get a chance

Agreed to a trade offer from @TimeForChange

Sending:

Yelich, Brian Anderson, Jesse Winkler, and Joey Wendle

Receiving:

Arrenado, Yordan Alvarez, Krush Davis, and Dylan Cease.

I've received about 30 offers from TFC over the last month or 2, and figured this was a pretty good offer. Hate losing Yelich, but get back Arrenado and 2 young interesting pieces in Alvarez and Cease. Usually, I'd prefer to hold off on dealing Yelich at all, but figured it'd be nice to spice it up a bit.

On 6/18/2019 at 8:55 PM, TimeForChange said:
Just now, TimeForChange said:

I’m just trading to trade. This league isn’t as fun with 8 teams and a dead forum.

Agreed.  It was a good move to change things up on my roster.  I liked adding young talent as I believe Eloy is the real deal and Tatis will be a top fantasy SS.  

Its just eh. There are so many prospects coming up next year that are highly touted that there’s always a chance to grab more. 

Theres only 3 teams in the league with winning records. There’s no chatter here. No one is making moves because the talent pool is so bloated.

Exactly we don't have to trade every draft pick to have a chance to win, every owner could of improved there roster with a few moves not trading away all there picks yet some just decided to lose and not make any moves. I would rather keep my draft picks and compete every year but wouldn't be against trading a pick or two to get what is needed to have a chance at a ring. I love the fact every team has enough talent not to trade half there picks to keep up with another owner loaded up. Right now you could have 1 of the losing owners trade all his picks improve his roster to make playoffs and perhaps still not have enough to beat one of the teams already solid with talent. The key is drafting now trading picks for a top keeper makes sense maybe trading a pick or two to add a SP or Closer perhaps that one Bat needed to win. But to be honest so glad were not seeing 1/2 the owners trade there whole draft just to try  winning this year and ignoring next year. You do that now and your screwed the talent in the first 5 rounds of the draft are way to valuable to just give away.

• 5 weeks later...

Getting closer to the playoffs, all 4 teams that make the playoffs can win the ring. Look forward to next year we need to add 2 owners min with Detroit fan coming back we need one guy.

This league should add at least 2 teams it would deplete roster depth just enough to make it work anyone knows a good friend who would love to join let us know.

Edited by LION KING

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...