Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #32

X_Factor_40

Yeah You got the win with Pitching stats, I hated the fact we both lost so many good players this week due to resting for playoffs or just shutting down. Kind of wish the world series was last week not the end of the baseball season we always have our football Super bowl week 16 not 17 in Fantasy due to people sitting. Had way too many good players just sitting this last week.

Losing to a tie is bittersweet play all week to just tie have breaker to decide a playoff game  it all year happen before and pissed me off a lot more because we never discussed it. I hate that Pitching decides it when you only have to pitch 25 innings min yet we all play every one we can that's batting.

I think we should discuss tie breaker going forward Its always been a problem with this league and almost got me kicked out the last time!

But congrats Bad FISH you and me were the best two teams to play championship game and it end in extra innings bye tie breaker speaks volume on how good both teams were it was a great even with only a hand full of teams. We need to get Detroit fan back see if Phreak will come back just keep trying to rebuild this league at one time it was amazing we need to post in football forum opening for baseball league full of LION fans but open it up to all fans of the NORTH make it more fun.

• Like 1

I dropped down to 6 players, not sure if we decided to increase them from 5 to 6 or not.

I am thinking we need to leave it 5 keepers let the new owners come in and draft 5 players out of the pool giving them a solid keeper group let the new owners draft 1st and 2nd in the next draft allow them to get 5 keepers then the best 6 player before any of us draft just a thought.

Even if we only add 2 new owners there are so many good players if I drop one of my 6 hell he is going to get drafted in the expansion draft.

If we decided to close down this league its been a hell of a run, its been great talking with everyone in here let me know what were doing next year SLIM!

Edited by LION KING

Great match LK. Ties really do suck. I lost in the semi finals of a money league over in the baseball thread due to a tie, so I know the feeling.

Hopefully we can keep this thing going, but we'll see come winter who is even still around anymore. We definitely need to add a couple teams if we can(8 was pretty boring). Keepers should stay at 5 for now IMO.

Big shout out to @TimeForChange for almost single handedly keeping the league alive with all the trade offers, even if I only accepted 1 out of 100 they were still nice to see.

• Like 2

This is gonna be really, really unpopular... But I kind of think we should start over. All season I haven't really been paying much attention and have been considering dropping out. I'd kinda like to freshen it up with some new rules etc, plus we've had so many weird little supplemental drafts etc. that things have gone wild.

Edited by nagahide13

I think we should all drop down to 6 players, then protect 4 of them allow the 2 new owners or 4 new owners come in and build there team once one selects a player off your team you get to protect your 5 keeper giving them a shot at some really good talent.

So you drop down to 6 , then protect 4 of the 6 leaving 2 available to expansion draft just like it other leagues once a player is taken off your team you get to protect your 5th and your done the new owners will get 16 players to select from team rosters plus the players dropped giving them a chance to build a team of 5 keepers they want too keep then we have a random draft order for the next season.

No way I want to completely redraft this league has a ton of talent it took years to get the keepers we have and want to watch grow over the years and not on someone else roster!

Example I dropped down to 6 already was thinking about this with new owners coming in.

Lets say I keep

1 Baez

2 Harper

3 Boggarts

4  Story

Leaving Suarez and Rizzo available to expansion once one of my 2 guys are selected I get the other one and I have my 5 keepers.

Seems like a good way to try get some more talent on them new teams plus there will be a ton of players dropped they might even want more. Just an Idea!

• Like 1