Redskins shopping Matt Jones

turtle28

It's awesome to see that we desperately need young talent at ILB and we do not contact the bills at all about Ragland who just got trade for a 2019 fourth round pick. Stupid, stupid front office. 

No one is going to trade for Matt Jones. He sucks. 

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It's awesome to see that we desperately need young talent at ILB and we do not contact the bills at all about Ragland who just got trade for a 2019 fourth round pick. Stupid, stupid front office. 

Honestly I've been pretty pleased with Brown, Spaight and Foster this preseason.  

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I like Ragland but our ILB core been Consistent so far .

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I have as well but for a future fourth rounder I'd much rather have Ragland than Compton. 

Athletically speaking, I get what you're saying. Once again, however, it takes a player time to switch to a new system. If the player is a fast learner, he can maybe get up to speed during the regular season in four weeks. However, it seems like Ragland had been having issues in Buffalo getting booted to third team. While he might fit a 3-4 more, it might be that he wouldn't really come up to speed for 6-8 weeks.

Maybe having him later when he was gelling with the defense would have been worth it. However, if we hit an injury snag early, we would have hurt our depth for a guy who would be a bit of a fish out of water. Had Spaight not looked good this preseason, I think they might have made the move. As it stands, I think they may be fine with Brown, Foster, Spaight, Compton, and maybe JHC.

Archived