Le'Veon Bell signs with Jets for real this time

49erurtaza

I for one can't wait until two years from now when the Jets actually do cut Leveon and he never actually gets close to any $35 million. Now we're already seeing that it's $25 million guaranteed.

There's people claiming that one injury and Bell would have been screwed when part of the guarantees the Steelers offered and which are being dismissed were for injury. The $10 million number cited was what was "fully" guaranteed right upon signing, but...

The Steelers deal only had $10M in guaranteed money.

He would have collected $20 million before he ever had to take a snap on that contract. So what are you even going on about? You can repeat yourself all you want. There was like 0% risk to Bell. And then you go and cite some inflated incentives tacked on at the end of the deal to save face.

The deal the Steelers offered paid out more money over the first two and three years than what the Jets just gave him.

11 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

The reality of the Jets deal is that it's not as much money as he claimed he was going to get on the free-agent market and he lost a ton of money by holding out with the Steelers that he will never get back. He took a Gamble and he lost that Gamble

No, the gamble would have been playing on the tag. He would have been gambling that he would stay healthy and in doing so had the potential to have 14 million be the last paycheck he ever gets. 

Instead he decided not to gamble and got almost double that amount in guaranteed money

53 minutes ago, N4L said:

No, the gamble would have been playing on the tag. He would have been gambling that he would stay healthy and in doing so had the potential to have 14 million be the last paycheck he ever gets. 

Instead he decided not to gamble and got almost double that amount in guaranteed money

Excelt thats not true. He wouldve gotten that 14 plus ultimately slightly more money from Pittsburgh had he taken our offer.

Make all the b.s. excuses you want but thats $14M lost that he will never get back. He made a selfish gamble thinking he would set the new standard for RB contracts and in the end, he was wrong.

This is hilarious. I guess no established star should ever play on a contract year because of the small chance they get injured reducing their value, as opposed to sitting for a season which also reduces a players value but also prevents them from making any money that season, damages their endorsements, and creates the possibility of never making any money again if something happens in the offseason.

Bell meanwhile is also now paying an extra 6% in income taxes and has functionally destroyed his relationship with a city that would probably have continued to patronize anything with his name for decades after he retired.

34 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I am assuming the numbers in the other tweets that you posted account for what he would be paid if cut at each year, but that would be the way to analyze the comparison of the contracts if not. He still likely lost money on the deal, lost money from sitting out last year and the cap went up (meaning that his percentage pay of the total cap available is also likely even more down from the Steelers offer).

He overestimated his market.

On 3/13/2019 at 6:15 PM, patriotsheatyan said:

This is hilarious. I guess no established star should ever play on a contract year because of the small chance they get injured reducing their value, as opposed to sitting for a season which also reduces a players value but also prevents them from making any money that season, damages their endorsements, and creates the possibility of never making any money again if something happens in the offseason.

Bell meanwhile is also now paying an extra 6% in income taxes and has functionally destroyed his relationship with a city that would probably have continued to patronize anything with his name for decades after he retired.

The state taxes are a bit over blown. Players pay taxes in the state they play. So if the Jets play in Miami, he’ll pay Florida taxes, etc. 

For home games, the Jets play in NJ. 3.0% PA vs 9.0% NJ. That difference maters only for home games. 

It’s definitely a great deal for the Jets though. I don’t get how some have graded this negatively from the Jets side considering how much heat Bell has gotten on his side.

36 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

The state taxes are a bit over blown. Players pay taxes in the state they play. So if the Jets play in Miami, he’ll pay Florida taxes, etc. 

For home games, the Jets play in NJ. 3.0% PA vs 9.0% NJ. That difference maters only for home games. 

It’s definitely a great deal for the Jets though. I don’t get how some have graded this negatively from the Jets side considering how much heat Bell has gotten on his side.

Wouldn't the signing bonus be NJ (I'm assuming instead of NY) though?

Archived