Le'Veon Bell plans on signing with the Jets

jetskid007

Just now, NYJets4716 said:

Jets could screq it up,  but a dominant pass rusher who never hit fa is more valuable than extra picks imo. Think Khalil mack 

I agree with you. But we still have to look at all options, especially if we can get another 1st round pick. Heck, the Giants might look into trading up and give us both of their first round picks. They are rebuilding now. 

8 minutes ago, Sapo28 said:

I’d ship D Lee and a 3rd for a solid C in a heart beat 

I wouldn’t want to be trading Lee and a 3rd unless they were top tier Centre who is young. I’d rather trade our 3rd and Lee and jump up in the 2nd round and draft our own guy if we went down that route of players and picks

I had a strong feeling that Bell would sign with us. Mac was tired of these games e players are playing. Set an amount and deadline you don't want it we are moving on. That is how you treat these deva guys. I find it funny that Bell sits out on 17 mill last year for for this deal. Like I said before RB don't get paid. This is a great get for the Jets and he will be a beast. The funny part it that we will still have a ton of money for next year too. I'm not to worried about the center because you always have vets that are cut and can fill in for a year or two. Draft one late sign an UDFA and let them work behind the vet. The Pats got lucky on Andrews and he was UDFA. No way we should panic on center.

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

I had a strong feeling that Bell would sign with us. Mac was tired of these games e players are playing. Set an amount and deadline you don't want it we are moving on. That is how you treat these deva guys. I find it funny that Bell sits out on 17 mill last year for for this deal. Like I said before RB don't get paid. This is a great get for the Jets and he will be a beast. The funny part it that we will still have a ton of money for next year too. I'm not to worried about the center because you always have vets that are cut and can fill in for a year or two. Draft one late sign an UDFA and let them work behind the vet. The Pats got lucky on Andrews and he was UDFA. No way we should panic on center.

The guys getting paid regardless. I for 1 love this contract. Everyone seemed to think he was gonna get significantly overpaid from even Gurley. When he’s now the 2nd highest paid at RB when he’s arguably the best RB. So it’s not overpaying at all. Really what happened has benefits for us besides the obvious of actually getting a star player on offense for the 1st time in forever. We have a guy that by the time the season starts will be rested for 18 months. Which is big considering the touches he got in Pitt. And this is why I don’t think he played it terribly wrong. He tears his acl or another significant injury last year... you think he’s getting 13mill per? No way IMO.

20 minutes ago, xenajets said:

I wouldn’t want to be trading Lee and a 3rd unless they were top tier Centre who is young. I’d rather trade our 3rd and Lee and jump up in the 2nd round and draft our own guy if we went down that route of players and picks

Ideally yeah,  I just feel we are at a point of desperation given what’s out there. 

The part that made Paradis attractive was that his value coincided with the value of Bell. Meaning the great years they have left. Paradis wasn’t an answer at C but he was a great C to block for Bell and protect Darnold. Clearly we didn’t like his medical and never even tried for Morse. I do think adding Bell does make us more aggressive via trade for a C though. Or atleast I hope

Archived