Post-OBJ Trade 2nd Round Pick Targets

Mind Character

On 3/16/2019 at 12:04 AM, Horseunit said:

2nd and 3rd round targets. I want any combination of these players in no particular order, seeing as no mock drafts seem to have a consensus yet of where the range is for these guys.

Amani Hooker

Way too early. He's got some tools, but he was lost in coverage at Iowa. This would be a shocking selection.

Sean Bunting

Talented, but raw. I think he's more of a 4th-5th round guy.

Justin Layne

Good.

Terry McClaurin

No to another WR.

Daniel Wise

He was never more than a 4th-6th round pick. And then he had a terrible combine.

Kahale Warring 

I like him a lot actually.

Just my opinions.

Give me Taylor Rapp! I'm sick of our DB's being useless tacklers. Rapp is the best pure tackling safety to come out in years. Yes, he's a better tackler than Derwin James even.

@Dawgpoun8017

Taylor Rapp indeed is a fantastic in angle tackler, and force play in the run game with box LB versatility, but CGJ is more of a Nickel CB; a nickel blitzer extra-extraordinaire that can play the pass well and Single High Center-fielder and Split Zone Free Safety. I dont think CGJ is the SS prospect we're looking for.

29 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

@Dawgpoun8017

Taylor Rapp indeed is a fantastic in angle tackler, and force play in the run game with box LB versatility, but CGJ is more of a Nickel CB; a nickel blitzer extra-extraordinaire that can play the pass well and Single High Center-fielder and Split Zone Free Safety. I dont think CGJ is the SS prospect we're looking for.

I don’t think it’s his natural position I agree but I think he has the ability to play it. But Rapp for sure is my first choice

24 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

@Dawgpoun8017

I’m still not sure if you’re serious or just a troll....

I’m amused either way, so don’t ruin this for me.

On 3/15/2019 at 1:45 AM, Fatgerman said:

BTW, add Clelin Ferrell to Jeffery Simmons as D-linemen who could slip to the 2nd round. He didn't workout at the Combine and got injured before he could workout at his pro day.

Why is Ferrell falling? A month ago every mock draft had him going in the 5-10 range, now I see him going mid-late 1st

15 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Why is Ferrell falling? A month ago every mock draft had him going in the 5-10 range, now I see him going mid-late 1st

Hmm...I literally saw him in the top-10 in 0 mocks, but maybe we run in different circles(?).

I've been seeing mid first, sometimes early 20s.

23 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Hmm...I literally saw him in the top-10 in 0 mocks, but maybe we run in different circles(?).

I've been seeing mid first, sometimes early 20s.

I saw him being mocked as high as the Raiders at #4 a few times, Tampa at #5 and a lot of times in the 8-13 range. Granted this was Jan-Feb pre-combine so maybe I thought something happened or people changed their opinions after looking at more tape because now its 15-25 range.

This was also pre-Montez Sweat hype train so maybe thats what flipped the two

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m still not sure if you’re serious or just a troll....

I’m amused either way, so don’t ruin this for me.

Troll?

What on Earth is that? Have you gone mad good sir? I don't know what thoust is.

I am merely a figment of your Internet imagination ... just a character that speaks in the name of the one true, divine All-22.

Good Darnold to you and yours kind sir ...

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Teams get leery of drafting guys without having their athletic scoring. He didn't really perform at the Combine, doing a 3cone and like one other event. Was going to do them all at his pro day, but he got injured right before. 

On 3/15/2019 at 2:02 AM, Fatgerman said:

Boyd rounds 3-5

Hooker 2-3, but probably 2

Thornhill the same as Hooker. His combine numbers are crazy

Abrams reminds me of TJ Ward. I see late 1-2, depending on his coverage display at private workouts. Box safeties are phasing out so fast. 

My favorite safety is Savage from Maryland, but he's a single high FS.

My philosophy is: speed, speed, speed. Let's keep adding speed. I wanna run teams off the field with murderous speed. It's already our foundation, so let's keep building on it. Now, I'm not Al Davis crazy, blind to the film about speed. Player's gotta play, but always with an eye toward speed. That's the ticket to us going 90's Cowboys on the league in the 2020's. 

CkD3UnjWgAA3e4n.jpg:large

On 3/13/2019 at 8:14 AM, TypicalBrowns10 said:

It's gonna be best LB or Best Corner. That's my thought.

Yep, unless an absolute OL stud is available.  All the trades, free agents etc. mean nothing if Baker gets hurt.

Archived