Post-OBJ Trade 2nd Round Pick Targets

Mind Character

47 minutes ago, sonny44 said:

Yep, unless an absolute OL stud is available.  All the trades, free agents etc. mean nothing if Baker gets hurt.

we kept our Oline intact from last year (Minus Zeitler). We added 2 depth signings. Our Offense is fine. you need to go Defense first.

43 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

we kept our Oline intact from last year (Minus Zeitler). We added 2 depth signings. Our Offense is fine. you need to go Defense first.

Eh, our tackle situation isn’t exactly settled long term.

Robinson could easily regress to the turdburger he was prior to last season, Hubbard is mediocre and expensive and Harrison is completely unproven.

If the best player on the board is an OT, there’s no reason at all not to take him.

20 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Is Mack Wilson someone we should be looking at to play ILB?  I think he will be there with our 2nd round pick, but I don't know if it is a huge upgrade (if at all) to Schobert.

Wilson's upside comes with his perceived athleticism, which is something we cannot say about Schobert. Mack could be very good in coverage, I think that's the primary reason a team would want him. Being undersized hinders his ability to shed off blocks at the LOS if he gets hands on him, and I am no longer as confident in his mental processing as I once was, though that's something that can easily develop with him.

Still, I don't think you want him replacing Schobert. We want someone to fulfill the Jamie Collins role. Schobert's ability above the shoulders is something we shouldn't bail on before shoring up the rest of the LB corps imo.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Wilson's upside comes with his perceived athleticism, which is something we cannot say about Schobert. Mack could be very good in coverage, I think that's the primary reason a team would want him. Being undersized hinders his ability to shed off blocks at the LOS if he gets hands on him, and I am no longer as confident in his mental processing as I once was, though that's something that can easily develop with him.

Still, I don't think you want him replacing Schobert. We want someone to fulfill the Jamie Collins role. Schobert's ability above the shoulders is something we shouldn't bail on before shoring up the rest of the LB corps imo.

Problem is his testing was dookie. Joe was worse in some areas, but not all. And neither tested as world beaters. (Not disagreeing with overall point, just clarifying that one.)

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/mack-wilson

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/joe-schobert

Wilson strikes me as somebody who benefited greatly from playing behind an all-world DL. 

Archived