Browns sign former KC TE Demetrius Harris

buno67

Yeah, this is the Fells replacement, and I like it. A couple of the stat heads on twitter have said he graded as a better blocked last year than Fells and is also younger and gives the same size advantage in the red zone. It's a small move, but a solid one.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

So is it a showdown between DeValve and Orson Charles? Charmin ultra soft vs. the Junkyard Dog. Come on...let's goooooooo!

I don't know that it is.  Orson Charles essentially was our fullback last year.

I think we keep him on in that role and have 3 TE's like we did last year

Unless DeValve has an amazing TC and preseason, then I'll be surprised if he's on the roster next year. Especially if we add another TE in the draft. Dude hasn't progressed and seems to always be injured.

I almost fouled me britches after going to the team website and peeking at the roster.......

and not finding Orson Charles. Did I miss something? Was he released and I missed it?

Turns out he is not on the roster due to a technicality. He is a RESTRICTED free agent, meaning he currently is unsigned, but the Browns hold the right to match any offers he may receive. He was a key component to the offense last year, so I highly doubt that the Browns will let him walk. Once resigned, he will return to the roster.

9 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

I almost fouled me britches after going to the team website and peeking at the roster.......

and not finding Orson Charles. Did I miss something? Was he released and I missed it?

Turns out he is not on the roster due to a technicality. He is a RESTRICTED free agent, meaning he currently is unsigned, but the Browns hold the right to match any offers he may receive. He was a key component to the offense last year, so I highly doubt that the Browns will let him walk. Once resigned, he will return to the roster.

I don’t think they offered him a tender to sign. He was pretty terrible last year 🤐

Archived