What’s the realistic aim this year?

Aztec Hammer

Is it actually the Super Bowl? The AFC Championship game? Just the playoffs?

We’re on the clock now. What do we have, three years before Baker needs paying?

Mahomes was able to almost make the Super Bowl with that great roster in his second year in the league. Are we expecting the same out of Mayfield or is that asking too much?

For my money, our surrounding cast is better than the Chiefs’ was.

Super Bowl. I understand the "one step at a time" mentality, but c'mon. If Baker is who we think he is (and he IS) then we will be one of the best teams in the league this year. The best teams in the league don't feel like they've reached their goal by just making the playoffs.. They want to win the whole damn thing.

I'll tier it:

1. If we don't win the AFC North, that will be very disappointing

2. If we get a 3rd/4th seed, that should be realistically attainable and the expectation

3. If we get a buy, that will exceed expectations

4. If we get to the playoffs and lose first round, that will be a nice step in the right direction with a "young team", but we will all feel disappointed.

5. If we win a game in the playoffs and advance, then that's been a pretty good/successful season trending upwards into 2020

6. Anything else is gravy BUT also attainable if we "catch lightning in a bottle" by staying healthy, Baker making those next strides into his second year, and us beating a very good KC/New England team

JMHO

Archived