What’s the realistic aim this year?

Aztec Hammer

Winning the division and at least one playoff win is certainly realistic.

And if all the potential on paper actually comes together in real life, Super Bowl contention. I won't call that yet, though, it may take a year for all of this to gel.

I EXPECT us to win the division.  Before getting OBJ, Vernon, and Richardson, also Hunt, I thought we had a good chance. 

Right before the OBJ trade I thought it was 50-50 we win the division.

Right now not only would I be disappointed if we didn't win the division, frankly I would be a bit shocked.  Bengals suck, Ravens don't have a real QB who can have sustainable success, and the Steelers just missed the playoffs and now lost their stud #1 WR for peanuts. 

We ARE the best team in the division right now

And now with news that could pretty much end Tyreek Hill's season, sky is the limit if we head into the playoffs healthy

4 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

I EXPECT us to win the division.  Before getting OBJ, Vernon, and Richardson, also Hunt, I thought we had a good chance. 

Right before the OBJ trade I thought it was 50-50 we win the division.

Right now not only would I be disappointed if we didn't win the division, frankly I would be a bit shocked.  Bengals suck, Ravens don't have a real QB who can have sustainable success, and the Steelers just missed the playoffs and now lost their stud #1 WR for peanuts. 

We ARE the best team in the division right now

And now with news that could pretty much end Tyreek Hill's season, sky is the limit if we head into the playoffs healthy

I think it’s going to take a little while for some fans to get used to this, but we’re the favorites.

Not making the playoffs as division champs would be a disappointment and underachieving.

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

giphy.gif

I don’t have it in me to be the doosh that I’ve hated for decades.

And to be clear, we ain’t won ish but a week in March.

I don't mean in an douchy way. Just that the nightmare of GMs and coaching staff not having a plan in place is over. Taking ish from anyone is no longer tolerated.

Maybe this is a bad comparison, but I feel like this team eerily resembles the makeup and personality of the Bad News Bears. They are awful for such a long time until they get Kelly Leak (Baker), who everyone else perceives as a total Dbag, but he’s an edgy ringer. They make a late run but come up short, and instead of politely accepting the congratulations of others, they flip off their opponents and say they’re going to shove it up everyone’s *** next year (see players vs Hue in Cincinnati and this offseason). 

Yes, there are a lot of personalities on this team and it will be potentially tricky to manage them all, but this is the exact kind of overall attitude and feel the city and this team needs and has needed to make that next step.

Bottom line is that Browns team will win more than lose! Somewhere around 10-6 area assuming Baker stays upright!  With our new team, we should be able to score more points.  Hopefully, Wilks does his job as Dorsey got the talent needed.

AFC North Championship is in order

Make playoffs and win ONE game

Anything more would be a nice gift for a young team of rising stars with few veteran leaders (I would sign Berry as a player coach for this very reason).  I would sign L Woodside who was Hunt's QB at Toledo to keep Hunt on the path.  

KC is done and will not win their division or playoff game.  INDY looks good. NE has used up luck, smoke, and mirrors.  Chargers can do it too.  Steelers should rally the troops and make playoffs.

People talk about the personalities, but I’m just not seeing the issue tbh.

I mean, do people honestly think guys like Tom Brady doesn’t have a personality or ego?  He tells McDaniels to go pound sand on the regular, screams, throws stuff on the sidelines, etc.  So what?  

The Warriors are full of big personalities.  Do things bubble over a bit at times? Yeah.  Do they win rings?  Yeah.

OBJ won’t steamroll Baker like he did Eli. Baker won’t miss the throws like Eli did.  Will they exchange some four letter words at times?  Yep.  Will it be an issue that festers and creates problems?  Not imo.

14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

People talk about the personalities, but I’m just not seeing the issue tbh.

I mean, do people honestly think guys like Tom Brady doesn’t have a personality or ego?  He tells McDaniels to go pound sand on the regular, screams, throws stuff on the sidelines, etc.  So what?  

The Warriors are full of big personalities.  Do things bubble over a bit at times? Yeah.  Do they win rings?  Yeah.

OBJ won’t steamroll Baker like he did Eli. Baker won’t miss the throws like Eli did.  Will they exchange some four letter words at times?  Yep.  Will it be an issue that festers and creates problems?  Not imo.

It’s 90s attitude era. Time to meet the team!

I present hard nosed and pretty boy “diva” OBJ/Y2J

tenor.gif?itemid=4857058

I present our QB, king of the attitude era:

tumblr_nqujgh6nAI1r1x3klo1_500.gif

The only unrealistic part is OBJ dropping a pass.

Meet our leader, is he a genius or idiot savant John Dorsey

tenor.gif?itemid=10860525

Meet our RB tandem...not the prettiest but man are they good and hard nosed:

tumblr_inline_ndaobxJcMz1red9gf.gif

And meet our DL:

Entrance+on+Bike+2.gif

If OBJ is going to succeed anywhere, it's here. His mate Landry, already knew Baker, WR coach from college, offensive minds who will put him in the best position to ball out. I really can't see any personality clashes from the group we currently have.

Thank you to Antonio Brown and the Steelers for scaring the Giants into a stupid move.

Archived