Predictions for the top NBA free agents this summer?

DoleINGout

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Kawhi Leonard - Clippers

Kemba Walker - Mavericks

Kyrie Irving - Celtics

Kevin Durant - Knicks

Klay Thompson - Warriors

Jimmy Butler - Lakers

DeMarcus Cousins - Lakers

Kristaps Porzingis - Mavericks

Lakers don't have the cap room for both of those guys.

37 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

as a Boston fan I see no way Boston gets Kyrie unless the make that trade for AD. 

As a Celtics fan myself I see Kyrie wanting to remain teammates with Jason Tatum, pupil of Brad Stevens, and work collegue of Danny Ainge as they build this franchise up to a champion again. I see Anthony Davis getting acquired via trade by the Celtics too this summer after Kyrie re-signs. I anticipate Jaylen Brown, Semi Ojeleye, Robert Williams, and at least two first round picks being sent to New Orleans in order to obtain Davis on essentially a one year contract. Ultimately however I do see Davis re-signing in Boston though that may wait.

40 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Will KD go to NY without another star joining him???

Yes. KD is all about the journey in the NBA and his legacy. He invites challenges and throughout his career has been at the center of massive change. From the Sonics relocation to OKC where KD teammed with many current All-Stars, to the Warriors where championships have been the norm, to then the Knicks where he is at the center of the NBA media universe and taking on the challenges of his doubters. KD is a very headstrong guy but I think he enjoys the opportunity to prove people wrong. Still having a big chip on his shoulder and some young talent to work with in Dennis Smith Jr., Kevin Knox, and Mitchell Robinson, (not to mention a fat contract and a chance to make the Knicks "his team" which he can't do in Golden State with Steph Curry), I really believe Durant is poised to take over New York and a largely mediocre Eastern Conference.

7 minutes ago, champ11 said:

I think Kemba would be a bad fit in Dallas. That would make no sense to me....Ball dominant and old. 

Kemba is the biggest wild card in my mind. Could stay with the Hornets but if the Mavs really want him, I thin they'll get Mr. Walker.

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

As a Celtics fan myself I see Kyrie wanting to remain teammates with Jason Tatum, pupil of Brad Stevens, and work collegue of Danny Ainge as they build this franchise up to a champion again. I see Anthony Davis getting acquired via trade by the Celtics too this summer after Kyrie re-signs. I anticipate Jaylen Brown, Semi Ojeleye, Robert Williams, and at least two first round picks being sent to New Orleans in order to obtain Davis on essentially a one year contract. Ultimately however I do see Davis re-signing in Boston though that may wait.

Yes. KD is all about the journey in the NBA and his legacy. He invites challenges and throughout his career has been at the center of massive change. From the Sonics relocation to OKC where KD teammed with many current All-Stars, to the Warriors where championships have been the norm, to then the Knicks where he is at the center of the NBA media universe and taking on the challenges of his doubters. KD is a very headstrong guy but I think he enjoys the opportunity to prove people wrong. Still having a big chip on his shoulder and some young talent to work with in Dennis Smith Jr., Kevin Knox, and Mitchell Robinson, (not to mention a fat contract and a chance to make the Knicks "his team" which he can't do in Golden State with Steph Curry), I really believe Durant is poised to take over New York and a largely mediocre Eastern Conference.

As much as I would like to see this. lol at thinking we get AD without giving up Tatum.

It's probably going to be Tatum, Smart and picks. At the very least. LA trumps an offer headlined by Jaylen Brown pretty easily.

3 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

They'll make it work somehow. And if not, then why trade for Davis?

If not what? They tried to trade for Davis because he's Anthony Davis. Had they traded for him then they wouldn't have max cap room this summer.

On 3/13/2019 at 1:20 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

Kawhi Leonard - Clippers

Kemba Walker - Lakers

Kyrie Irving - Nets

Kevin Durant - Nets

Klay Thompson - Warriors

Jimmy Butler - Knicks

DeMarcus Cousins - Knicks 

Kristaps Porzingis - Mavericks

Who else is there?

I hope you are right about Irving and KD going to the Nets. They would be a scary team with the coach and the pieces they already have plus the style of play. Im not going to get my hopes up though only to get let down if it doesnt happen.

Archived