Predictions for the top NBA free agents this summer?

DoleINGout

35 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Nuggets can create a max slot by declining Millsap's option and trading one of Barton or Plumlee. How many situations are better than Denver for a player like Durant, Iriving, or Leonard to go win a championship? 

Lakers. Duh.

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Lakers. Duh.

I think there is a pretty realistic scenario where the Nuggets can bring back Millsap on a MLE, extend Murray and Beasley, and bring in a max player if one of Barton and or Plumlee are traded. Nuggets would still have interesting pieces and the salary to work if they wanted to put together a deal for AD as well. 

I want to keep it going with the homegrown thing, but they have a ton of flexibility. 

EDIT: I shouldn't say realistic lol. "Possible scenario"

15 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Cousins would ruin everything they're trying to build.

He doesn't fit well with John Collins either who has looked very legit this year. I can't see Cousins willingly signing up to play for a meh team at this point in his career. 

1 hour ago, nlesthought said:

We don't know that for sure. 

It's not worth the risk at all. Signing Cousins shoots up their timeline to win for no good reason and brings in a very temperamental player who won't be a good veteran for the youngsters.

lol ain't nobody going to the Knicks. 

Nets are a better option.

Knicks are the (now former) Cleveland Browns of the NBA, anyone who goes there would be a fool as the organization is completely inept and things will never go well.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:32 PM, seminoles1 said:

It's not worth the risk at all. Signing Cousins shoots up their timeline to win for no good reason and brings in a very temperamental player who won't be a good veteran for the youngsters.

Why would that be true for Cousins but not the Knicks with Durant? 

7 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Durant is 10x the player, it’s “expected” that another star would tag along, the Knicks don’t believe in patience, and Cousins is crazy.

Being a little extreme aren't you. I like KD but c'mon. The fact KD would need another superstar to contend tells me he's not 10x better.   

• 4 weeks later...

Kawhi Leonard - Lakers

Kemba Walker - Clippers

Kyrie Irving - Knicks

Kevin Durant - Knicks

Klay Thompson - Lakers

Jimmy Butler - Clippers

DeMarcus Cousins - Warriors

Kristaps Porzingis - Mavericks

Anthony Davis - Knicks (Trade)

my changes in bold

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Yeah I'm leaning towards Kyrie to the Knicks now. Not because of anything Boston related. Just think the New York draw will be too great and plus KD is just a perfect match for Kyrie and New York.

Umm Nets bro. Its obvi, said it on the 1st page.

On 3/21/2019 at 11:19 AM, champ11 said:

Nuggets can create a max slot by declining Millsap's option and trading one of Barton or Plumlee. How many situations are better than Denver for a player like Durant, Iriving, or Leonard to go win a championship? 

I see Millsap rejoining former teammate Al Horford and current teammate as well as former Celtics hero Isaiah Thomas in Boston for 2020-2021.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:03 PM, champ11 said:

I think there is a pretty realistic scenario where the Nuggets can bring back Millsap on a MLE, extend Murray and Beasley, and bring in a max player if one of Barton and or Plumlee are traded. Nuggets would still have interesting pieces and the salary to work if they wanted to put together a deal for AD as well. 

I want to keep it going with the homegrown thing, but they have a ton of flexibility. 

EDIT: I shouldn't say realistic lol. "Possible scenario"

I think the Knicks are going to offer their first round pick this year, Mitchell Robinson, Dennis Smith Jr., Kevin Knox, and probably one other asset for Anthony Davis. In free agency they'll sign KD and Kyrie. DeAndre Jordan could re-sign but most likely will go elsewhere.

Archived