Predictions for the top NBA free agents this summer?

DoleINGout

Jimmy butler had Lakers written all over him. LA will strike out on anyone major. Butler will wait until he’s offered a big deal which no one will do so La and butler will end up with each other. Lebron will be so desperate for an all star by then that he’ll demand they give butler a massive contract and watch it become one of the worst in the league in a year. 

12 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Kawhi Leonard - Lakers

Kemba Walker - Clippers

Kyrie Irving - Knicks

Kevin Durant - Knicks

Klay Thompson - Lakers

Jimmy Butler - Clippers

DeMarcus Cousins - Warriors

Kristaps Porzingis - Mavericks

Anthony Davis - Knicks (Trade)

my changes in bold

The Lakers cannot afford 2 max free agents. They can barely afford 1.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

And if they clear their cap by moving Kuzma and Ingram then they can?

If they trade and renounce everyone on the roster without taking back any salary whatsoever, then they could get close.

There is no realistic path for the Lakers to sign 2 max free agents.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

If they trade and renounce everyone on the roster without taking back any salary whatsoever, then they could get close.

There is no realistic path for the Lakers to sign 2 max free agents.

Sounds like it's a possibility to me.

Anyhow, what about the Blazers? What is there cap situation looking like?

8 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Durant/Thompson have no reason to leave. They can win another 2 rings if they stay 

If Durant doesn't want to be 2nd fiddle the rest of the career or he wants towin more MVPs then he definitely has reasons to leave.

6 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

If Durant doesn't want to be 2nd fiddle the rest of the career or he wants towin more MVPs then he definitely has reasons to leave.

I have never heard anyone in the main stream media who doesn't call Durant the best player on the warriors. I think its Curry, but Durant hasn't asked me. 

If legacy is his goal, then winning 5 straight rings is worth more than possibly getting another MVP

1 hour ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I have never heard anyone in the main stream media who doesn't call Durant the best player on the warriors. I think its Curry, but Durant hasn't asked me. 

If legacy is his goal, then winning 5 straight rings is worth more than possibly getting another MVP

I'm talking about being beloved by fans and getting the most credit for winning. Even people who think Durant is a better player in a vacuum, no one can argue he's more important to the Warriors' success than Curry.

Again, it depends. You said he has no reason. If he wants more MVPs, then leaving the Warriors is his only chance.

15 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm sure Barkley or Malone would gladly never get an MVP for a NBA title, of course Durant is in a different situation now that he has rings but it's hard to say what hes really thinking, Lacob said GS will not be outspent by any team if they want to keep KD so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

11 hours ago, billking said:

I'm sure Barkley or Malone would gladly never get an MVP for a NBA title, of course Durant is in a different situation now that he has rings but it's hard to say what hes really thinking, Lacob said GS will not be outspent by any team if they want to keep KD so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Durant has been talking for years about how much he doesn't like being #2. He's a different animal, one who is emotional and sensitive. He's about to have 3 rings; I would bet a lot of money he's ready to be considered the best individual player. If he doesn't leave the Warriors, he'll go his whole career never being the consensus best player in the NBA and the entire back half of his career being 2nd fiddle on his own team.

Archived