Plans, OBJ, the morning after

Giants4eva

After a lot of screaming, yelling, nearly decapitating my dog last night in a rage over losing our very best player this team has seen in about 20 years.. I've come to my senses. It pains me to say this and Im going to receive crap from some about it but Gettleman did the right thing. Lets be real, we have been a bad team for a long time now. 8-24 alone in the last 2 seasons and haven't been anything of relevance in 7-8 years. We are just not a good football team. We have to change the very fabric of this team. We have to bring in a new attitude and re-learn how to win again because we just are not winning football games, even with Odell. Gettleman is rebuilding and he is starting the way franchises unfortunately have to start when they have hit rock bottom. We need more pieces then we could get with our salary cap (he's addressing this via trading Vernon, OBJ and letting Collins walk). The future money we will need for certain criteria is now going to be available, that's one. We have so many holes on this team and now having 12 picks at our disposal is going to be able to give us a shot at building up a younger more talented roster, that's two. Defence will be the focal point for this next draft with the amount of holes being heavier (in my opinion) on that side of the ball. 

Another thing to be honest with ourselves about is, Beckham didn't want to be here. He didn't. And if u think otherwise you are lying to yourself. With multiple interviews and cryptic posts he's made on social media he made it clear to me as a fan that he wasn't happy in NY. Blame it on losing, blame it on Eli, blame it on the Mara family whatever u want. He was outspoken and energetic and a true competitor but if you aren't happy and don't want to be here, then it doesn't matter who u are u will be getting traded or let go. No 1 man is bigger than the team. The very attitude of the Giants had to change. We cant be unhappy, we cant be negative and cynical. We have to re-learn how to win and this the true 1st step in restarting the Giants. It hurts like hell but it was a move that had to happen.

Moving forward, guys... we have 12 picks in this next draft. Yes I know we have to make them ALL count. And I think we are going to. Has anyone forgotten we got Jabrill Peppers? And a stud guard in Kevin Zeitler? .. These are very relevant pieces in rebuilding this team. 1st step in rebuilding any football team is building the lines. Games are won and lost in the trenches. Our oline is almost complete and our defence is going to be addressed in this next draft if u ask me. Gettleman hasn't shown much praise for any QB from this next draft class from what I've seen. It would not surprise me to see us not draft a QB until next year. I think he plans on building up our lines, grabbing a few skill position players in the mid rounds and then adding some much needed depth later in the draft. I see this as Eli's last yr (assuming we don't cut him) coming up and then from there, well see what happens.

1 hour ago, Gmen19851 said:

https://twitter.com/DanSchneierNFL/status/1105840483757101056

ive said it in another post.  OBJ was the beginning.  Let's see where the team goes form here

My guesses would be:

Trading for Rosen

Trading up to number 1

Cutting Eli

Cutting/Trading Jenkins

After reading Schneiers report, to me I would think the rumblings are the Giants telling Eli either take a pay cut or hit the road. After that, then a trade for Rosen

28 minutes ago, Gmen19851 said:

I would assume one of the QB's.  At this point I'm just throwing ideas out there

Well you said trading for Rosen then trading up to #1. I wouldn't support that. I wouldn't sell the farm for Murray. Either trade for Rosen, or take Haskins at 6. Or put it off another year and grab one next draft. Use the 6 and 17 to fill holes on oline/pass rush.

1 minute ago, Shockey1979 said:

Well you said trading for Rosen then trading up to #1. I wouldn't support that. I wouldn't sell the farm for Murray. Either trade for Rosen, or take Haskins at 6. Or put it off another year and grab one next draft. Use the 6 and 17 to fill holes on oline/pass rush.

I was more listing possible things he could be talking about.  Meaning I think one of them could be the case.  Not all four.

I think the best way forward is: 

- Trade that 3 (and maybe a conditional 2020 pick) for Rosen. The build the eff out of the lines in the draft. Or...

- Draft Haskins at 6 if he’s there. For the love of God, don’t trade up. If he’s not, trade down. Even if it’s a little. Picks are what matter now. 

- Either way, 17 and 37 have to be immediate starters. Hopefully at 17 there’s a good edge player left. Brian Burns maybe?  At 37 I’d love to see Dalton Risner (complete the O-line) or Zach Allen (strengthen that defensive front) 

24 minutes ago, Kodaraw said:

Apparently Gettlemab is the GM, head coach, and OC. Shumar didn’t want OBJ traded. Now he’s getting his offense changed by GM? What a **** show of an organization. 

Source? You don't make a move like that unless everyone is on board.

Archived