Redskins release LB Brown and DT McGee

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Good against the run.  Not ideal in coverage.

I would qualify this a little bit more even, and say he’s good against the run when he stays clean and can play in a straight line. 

When you give him that, the speed and explosiveness really show up and he makes splash plays — which is where PFF gets blinded, because their analysis places way too much weight on splash plays over consistency. 

He’s not consistent against the run and he really struggles in coverage. He’s not a bad player, there are probably some teams out there that he could/should be starting on. Sometimes he’ll make a play that drops your jaw. But he’s more flash than substance, for the most part. 

Just now, e16bball said:

I would qualify this a little bit more even, and say he’s good against the run when he stays clean and can play in a straight line. 

When you give him that, the speed and explosiveness really show up and he makes splash plays — which is where PFF gets blinded, because their analysis places way too much weight on splash plays over consistency. 

He’s not consistent against the run and he really struggles in coverage. He’s not a bad player, there are probably some teams out there that he could/should be starting on. Sometimes he’ll make a play that drops your jaw. But he’s more flash than substance, for the most part. 

Idk, I think our coaching staff didn't do him any favors last year.  I think he's a good athlete that if put in a better position to succeed could.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Idk, I think our coaching staff didn't do him any favors last year.  I think he's a good athlete that if put in a better position to succeed could.  

Maybe. I’m not rooting against the guy or anything (unless he goes to Philly), so hopefully that’s true. 

I just think the Redskins eventually figured out what the Titans and Bills – and all the other teams who have never offered him a multi year contract – already knew, which is that the only consistent with him is the maddening inconsistency. 

9 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Solid player. Overrated by PFF.

Seriously. Some times they expect people to just look at their rankings and say "omg this is sooo true". Even on our team, some of the guys we thought were bright spots were maligned by PFF. Conley is a great example.

Archived