Steeler Pro Day/Visits

AFF

im not sure Chic is a good comparison.  I think Winovich will be a good player. I think his lack of bend is his biggest draw back.  Other than that I think he will have a solid career on work ethic and motor alone. I think a 2nd is too high, but anything later and I’m on board.

I think he’s an upgrade over Dupree.  

1 hour ago, Blitzburgh said:

I think he’s an upgrade over Dupree.  

Chick is an excellent comparison.  They are nearly the same player.  Winovich is an over achiver.  Has great hands and a great motor.  He just has no explosiveness

4 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Updated with Clemson and Michigan Pro Days and who attended...

Everyone and their mother at Michigan Pro Day...Devin Bush surely seems to be a possible target of theirs.

I think there is a good chance Bush goes before 20. 

12 hours ago, jebrick said:

Chick is an excellent comparison.  They are nearly the same player.  Winovich is an over achiver.  Has great hands and a great motor.  He just has no explosiveness

How do you figure aside from similar combine numbers? With that said Winovich is much faster.

Chic was 285lb and played 5-tech at Miami when he came out of college.

I could see a day 3 developmental guy but they resigned Banner for that role as of now.

Day 1 or 2 would be unnecessary...starting next year you probably lose Finney and Foster another year older...Villy will be FA after 2020 and 32 then..can start rebuilding the OL next year.

6 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

How do you figure aside from similar combine numbers? With that said Winovich is much faster.

Chic was 285lb and played 5-tech at Miami when he came out of college.

What do you think Winovich plays?  He normally lines up as 5 tech.  Rarely he does a 7 tech but he does not have the speed to beat a tackle.  His game mainly consists of getting a hand on the OT and figuring out what to do.  He is effective in not letting the OT get to his body ( which Chick was not).  He is more advanced in using his hands than Chick was which is the difference.  But basically the same player.

23 minutes ago, jebrick said:

What do you think Winovich plays?  He normally lines up as 5 tech.  Rarely he does a 7 tech but he does not have the speed to beat a tackle.  His game mainly consists of getting a hand on the OT and figuring out what to do.  He is effective in not letting the OT get to his body ( which Chick was not).  He is more advanced in using his hands than Chick was which is the difference.  But basically the same player.

He runs a 4.59 40.  He is faster than most OLBs.

Archived