Florida Atlantic RB, Kerrith Whyte Jr.
Day 10
Toledo WR/KR, Diontae Johnson
Day 11
Maryland RB, Ty Johnson
Murray State LB, Quincy Williams
Day 12
Valdosta State DB, Stephen Denmark

*= Local visit, doesn’t count against team’s overall visit count.

Pre-Draft Visits, By Position

RB — 7
WR — 4
TE — 3
LB — 6
S — 3
CB — 6
OLB — 1
DE — 1
OLine — 1
Total: 32 (1 remaining with 3 local visits not counting)

12 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

It seems like a lot of middle-late round guys. I wonder if that means we're looking to trade way up?

maybe trade our 7th and a 6th for a late 5th and the other 2 6's for a late 5th OR our 5th and a 6th to get back into the middle of the 4th..............

first scenario would give us our 8 picks by the end of the 5th round  and the other would give us  6 picks by the middle of the 4th and still leave us with 3 real late develop picks

18 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Remember that these are private visits.  We can also add the Tombert visits and you will see more EDGE players.

That's a fair point. But would you have expected more private visits for Edge players? 7 RBs to 1 or 2 Edge? That seems out of wack to me. 

The house was there for Clemson Pro Day.  Word is they somehow snuck out to dinner with Clelin Ferrell without anyone knowing.  I think he's the pick.  I think the Murphy and Baker visits might be more about jumping up in the 2nd for them than a 1st round pick.  Clelin Ferrell would be a great pick.  More of a strong and long pass rusher than a speed pass rusher.  I think his NFL Comp could be DeMarcus Ware.  Similar build with long arms, thin waist, big hands.  Uses his hands really well, changes direction very well without being super fluid in the hips.  Of the 3 Clemson DL Boys, he could be the one with statistically the best career.

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

The house was there for Clemson Pro Day.  Word is they somehow snuck out to dinner with Clelin Ferrell without anyone knowing.  I think he's the pick.  I think the Murphy and Baker visits might be more about jumping up in the 2nd for them than a 1st round pick.  Clelin Ferrell would be a great pick.  More of a strong and long pass rusher than a speed pass rusher.  I think his NFL Comp could be DeMarcus Ware.  Similar build with long arms, thin waist, big hands.  Uses his hands really well, changes direction very well without being super fluid in the hips.  Of the 3 Clemson DL Boys, he could be the one with statistically the best career.

I'd be ok with that. I don't think they could trade up high enough to grab those guys but the PSU Amani would be possible in a trade up and a pretty good get. 

36 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I'd be ok with that. I don't think they could trade up high enough to grab those guys but the PSU Amani would be possible in a trade up and a pretty good get. 

40-45? If any of those top 4 are there in Baker, Murphy, Greedy, Rock-Sin you go get them. 2 1st round talents in a 20 pick span? Yes please. 

9 minutes ago, warfelg said:

40-45? If any of those top 4 are there in Baker, Murphy, Greedy, Rock-Sin you go get them. 2 1st round talents in a 20 pick span? Yes please.

I would totally second this notion.  Even if it means the two Oak picks, go up and get the CB that falls.  Use the 3rd that is left to find the WR/TE that we want.

On 4/18/2019 at 8:57 AM, warfelg said:

Trading up 20 spots in the 2nd would be pricey. 13 spots would be worth it which is where I see Amani.

Archived