Steeler Pro Day/Visits

AFF

29 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Trading up 20 spots in the 2nd would be pricey. 13 spots would be worth it which is where I see Amani.

I don't think that's too big of a leap. We have way too many picks. It's either take two really good prospects at positions of need in the first 45 picks, or a late 3rd and early 5th. 

It would be surprising but nice if outta nowhere thy trade both 3rds and got another top 50 pick....be nice to end up with say...

1)Ferrell...2a)Bunting/Sin/Johnson...2b)Insert Favorite TE/WR

54 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't think that's too big of a leap. We have way too many picks. It's either take two really good prospects at positions of need in the first 45 picks, or a late 3rd and early 5th. 

I don't have a draft chart in front of me but I would think moving up 20 to the top of the 2nd would cost more then a late 3rd and a 5th. If that's the case I'm all for it. 

6 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I don't have a draft chart in front of me but I would think moving up 20 to the top of the 2nd would cost more then a late 3rd and a 5th. If that's the case I'm all for it. 

I was including our 2nd as well. I think a 2nd,  late 3rd, and an early 5th would get us anywhere we needed to go in the 2nd.

10 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I was including our 2nd as well. I think a 2nd,  late 3rd, and an early 5th would get us anywhere we needed to go in the 2nd.

I assumed you were. I still don't think that's enough. Move up 13 yes. 20 no. I know there are some on here that have a draft value chart handy. I'll patiently wait for them to do the work. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

I assumed you were. I still don't think that's enough. Move up 13 yes. 20 no. I know there are some on here that have a draft value chart handy. I'll patiently wait for them to do the work. :ph34r:

That’s actually an overpay. Keep in mind that after 32, the value of the pick takes a HUGE drop. 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

That’s actually an overpay. Keep in mind that after 32, the value of the pick takes a HUGE drop. 

Ok, I would have thought it would have been more to move that high. I mean pick 33 or 34 ate basically late 1st rdrs. That said, if all it would take is a late 3rd and a 5th (2nd also) count me in. 

38 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

Ok, I would have thought it would have been more to move that high. I mean pick 33 or 34 ate basically late 1st rdrs. That said, if all it would take is a late 3rd and a 5th (2nd also) count me in. 

Picks 52, 83, 141 = pats 1st. 590 points exactly 

6 hours ago, cjfollett said:

Would it be crazy to get two CBs in the 1st?

I’m not really sure it’s possible. Even if we could get back up there, I don’t think we need need two high round corners. I wouldn’t mind taking on in the first and third but I don’t think it’s a big enough need to give up all that is required to get two in the first.

My ideal scenario is to take Ferrell or Bush at 20, then trade up to 35-45 and grab a falling Deandre Baker or Byron Murphy. That would require a bunch of luck, though.

6 hours ago, cjfollett said:

Would it be crazy to get two CBs in the 1st?

You can never have too many quality CBs...but we have too many other needs for that to be a serious consideration.

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I’m not really sure it’s possible. Even if we could get back up there, I don’t think we need need two high round corners. I wouldn’t mind taking on in the first and third but I don’t think it’s a big enough need to give up all that is required to get two in the first.

My ideal scenario is to take Ferrell or Bush at 20, then trade up to 35-45 and grab a falling Deandre Baker or Byron Murphy. That would require a bunch of luck, though.

Like posted earlier if we packaged our 2nd, 3rd, and 141 we can get to the pats 1st. Not sure i draft 2 cbs because it turns one of the 2 into a dime cb at best for us this year. I would prefer to trade up from day 3 into day 2 because the value is in the top 100 players this year and i woul love to find a way to have 5 picks in the top 100. If we did move up into the late 1st though i think it would be Clelin with our 1st and one of the top 3 cbs that have slipped a lil with the 2nd 1st round pick. Maybe baker or Murphy. 

Archived