Steeler Pro Day/Visits

AFF

Sorted by position and NFL.com grade. According to my back of the hand math, Steelers will likely be looking at guys with 6.10-6.15 at #20 -- marked in green. Obviously, the Steelers don't follow this grading going by the picks they've selected in recent drafts, but it's interesting to see who they might target. 

CB: Greedy Williams (6.21), Julian Love (6.10), Trayvon Mullen (5.75), Saivion Smith (5.60), Mark Fields (5.52)
S: Deointe Thompson (5.90)
LB: Devin White (6.24), Devin Bush (6.03), Mack Wilson (5.84), Te'Von Coney (5.56), David Long (5.55), Tyrel Dodson (5.19)
DL: Quinnen Williams (6.70), Rashan Gary (6.40), Dexter Lawrence (6.19), Kingsley KeKe (5.61), Charles Omenihu (5.53), Daylon Mack (5.40), Albert Huggins (5.35)
EDGE (DE): Clelin Ferrell (6.13), Austin Bryant (5.65) 
OL: Jonah Williams (6.30), Erik McCoy (5.99), Mitchell Hyatt (5.33)
TE: Irv Smith (5.91), Foster Moreau (5.53), Alize Mack (5.49)
WR: Miles Boykin (5.67), Gary Jennings (5.43), LJ Humphrey (5.16)
RB: Josh Jacobs (6.31), Damien Harris (5.82), Dexter Williams (5.78), Traveon Williams (5.54)

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

FWIW it sounds like jachai polite BOMBED interviews at the combine so bad that he’s falling to the 3rd round. 

I wonder what is it exactly that he is saying. What did he do in Florida? Notre dame Jerry tiller is another guy with locker room and behavioral problems... I wonder how serious? 

Gun to my head my top5 most likely for Steelers 1st...(no order)

-Layne...Love...Wilson...Thompson(FS)...Ferrell

Ill drop Ferrell if they go to Washington’s Pro day for Murphy.

13 hours ago, DudeWhat??? said:

I wonder what is it exactly that he is saying. What did he do in Florida? Notre dame Jerry tiller is another guy with locker room and behavioral problems... I wonder how serious? 

Not exactly locker room and behavioral issues.  It's all about the fact that he wasn't really ready for the interview questions.

Steelers 30 visit list updated...I’ll update the Pro Day part tomorrow.

FWIW Steelers seem to be giving slot of attention to Akron LB Gilbert....pretty sure they were at Akron’s Pro day too.

14 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

I like what I see from Charles Omenihu, but how does he fit?  I know we play a lot of sub package football these days, but that’s a high priced sub package player.

I think he can rotate around with Watt and Dupree, mostly rushing. He can play in our subpackages and rotate with Heyward and Tuitt and actually provide some pass rush, which we haven't had in a backup D-linemen since Keisel. I really like him. He's got vines for arms and has a lot of agility for a dude that tall. 

3 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think he can rotate around with Watt and Dupree, mostly rushing. He can play in our subpackages and rotate with Heyward and Tuitt and actually provide some pass rush, which we haven't had in a backup D-linemen since Keisel. I really like him. He's got vines for arms and has a lot of agility for a dude that tall. 

Colbert went to Texas Pro Day...while they don’t have a consensus rd 1 guy, the Steelers seem to like him and their LBs reportedly.

Before we pontificate about who the Steelers are taking based on where Tombert went, what schools are left?  I know Washington is tomorrow and Stanford on Thursday.  Is that the only two that are really left??  Washington for Murphy and Stanford for JJAW.

Archived