Breaking: Earl Thomas to Ravens

textaz03

I don't know why any of you are surprised.

You can't fix stupid.

We take bad gambles on players with checkered pasts in both FA and the Draft.

Guys that "should have gone 1st but because of...."

Jerry must get a kick out of thinking he "out thought" the competition.

Problem is, it isn't working, it hasn't worked, and it won't work.

History has suggested nothing is going to change so everyone just, relax, have a drink, smoke em if that's your thing, and find something better to do with your time.

I would have liked to have ET just as much as anyone else but the team made the right decision considering how much money ET got.  With Dlaw, Cooper, Dak, Zeke and Smith all coming up on FA over the next 2 years, we will need all the cap space we can get.

24 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

So unless a more gifted prospect emerged. I think our top 2 names right now are Thornhill and Omenihu at our 2nd pick. 

Funny. Because there's no guarantee those two will even be there when we pick. At this point, I expect the pick to be Jeffrey Simmons. A 1st round talent with a controversial past, and he's injured so he will (most likely) miss his rookie season. That's right up the front offices (cheapskate) alley.

4 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Funny. Because there's no guarantee those two will even be there when we pick. At this point, I expect the pick to be Jeffrey Simmons. A 1st round talent with a controversial past, and he's injured so he will (most likely) miss his rookie season. That's right up the front offices (cheapskate) alley.

I'll take him. 

Dallas won't though he plays DT.

35 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I'll take him. 

Dallas won't though he plays DT.

Well this team loves D-lineman with character issues and injured players in the 2nd round. So that's why I think it will happen. Thornhill will probably be "too rich" for their pick.

Meanwhile Jeff Heath is still on the team.

3 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

I would so draft Simmons. 

3 hours ago, Tony7188 said:

If we had a first round pick, I could see Simmons as a possibility at #58. Since we don't, and they haven't really been active in free agency...I don't see them taking a player who likely wouldn't be contributing next year. 

5 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Isn't ET coming off of two broken legs over the last couple of years? I don't know, maybe not signing isn't such a bad idea. No guarantee he fully recovers back to his 100% self.

OK...work with me......I'm tryin'

They're "investigating" Eric Berry....so health has nothing to do with it. They want cheap.

16 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:
24 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

Isn't ET coming off of two broken legs over the last couple of years? I don't know, maybe not signing isn't such a bad idea. No guarantee he fully recovers back to his 100% self.

OK...work with me......I'm tryin'

They're "investigating" Eric Berry....so health has nothing to do with it. They want cheap.

I dont even know if its cheap. They seemed willing to invest into ET3. It was likely the GTD money that knocked us out of the running. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont even know if its cheap. They seemed willing to invest into ET3. It was likely the GTD money that knocked us out of the running. 

Maybe so. But, they seem to have really taken being financially responsible or whatever they want to call it to an extreme. So much so that to me it appears being financially responsible is more important than adding the blue chip piece(s) that push this team, or in this case defense over the hump. 

47 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That would make it cheap. The less guaranteed money, the easier it is to cut the player.

Archived