Breaking: Earl Thomas to Ravens

textaz03

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It was in reference to his offend post. Which my understanding is in reference to Cole Beasely. So it was a bit of a tangent where he was attempting to compare our offer to Cole in the same light as ET3. 

You are an interesting guy, Matts. I asked if we offered anything or what we offered to ET. He made a joke that it was probably more offending than offering. ET is not the same as Cole, Hitchens, and Parnell. So I can't applaud the FO for not overpaying mediocre talent on this one. 

Youve lost me. Of course they explore FA's. They literally have an entire portion of the front office dedicated to scouting FA's. But they are not "active" in FA because they arent major players. They are going to stick to their guns and only offer reasonable deals; or at least reasonable in their minds. I think the fact that theyve only offered 1 major FA contract in the last few years proves that point. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note => The lack of going after ET3 super hard could be an indication that Richard likes our safeties more than we do as fans. 

1 hour ago, textaz03 said:

Smfh Can’t believe we let him get away

I can.  We are bargain shoppers.  I can appreciate the discipline.  On the other hand it would be nice to make a deep playoff run.  That wont happen with same old same old.

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Youve lost me. Of course they explore FA's. They literally have an entire portion of the front office dedicated to scouting FA's.

These guys need a good firing. Nolan Carrol? Olawale? Paea? Sammy Watkins at 14? No ET at 13?

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Side note => The lack of going after ET3 super hard could be an indication that Richard likes our safeties more than we do as fans. 

I was kinda thinking along the same lines. Or that maybe Richard doesn't really like ET. Obviously wasn't pounding the table for him. ET was the safety when Richard got fired.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

You are an interesting guy, Matts. I asked if we offered anything or what we offered to ET. He made a joke that it was probably more offending than offering. ET is not the same as Cole, Hitchens, and Parnell. So I can't applaud the FO for not overpaying mediocre talent on this one. 

The reason he made the jab "offending" vs "offering" was tied to the only other known contract we have offered, Cole. There was a natural connection.

And to your post, you just said the same exact thing that I did. That not overpaying Cole =/= not paying ET3. No one should applaud this move. It should be met with scrutiny. 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

And we would be smart not to pay players like Cole, Hitchens and Parnell. 

Its not really fair to the team to talk ish when they made the right choices. Not overpaying mediocre talent is the right choice. 

No your right, we shouldn’t. But this front office makes a lot of dumb moves that boggles my mind. 

1. Let’s keep Irvin on roster and take up a spot when we know he’s not gonna return.

2. Sign a 37 year old slow TE (love ya Wit, but it’s past time)

3. Should have let Bease walk (before we resigned him) or traded him earlier and kept Switzer

4. Continue to keep Gregory around, great talent, but just can’t seem to stay on the field, when is enough enough? 

5. Piss off your best player by franchising him a 2nd time when you should have signed him a season earlier at a discount

this is just to name a few over the last 2 years. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

The reason he made the jab "offending" vs "offering" was tied to the only other known contract we have offered, Cole. There was a natural connection.

And to your post, you just said the same exact thing that I did. That not overpaying Cole =/= not paying ET3. No one should applaud this move. It should be met with scrutiny. 

Not just Cole, but D-Law too. He came out saying he felt pretty disrespected here lately by the organization 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Wrong again. The "offensive" contract offer came from the DLaw camp about the tag.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/3/11/18258970/report-cowboys-defensive-end-demarcus-lawrence-feels-disrespected-free-agent-franchise-tag

2 hours ago, Northland said:

I can.  We are bargain shoppers.  I can appreciate the discipline.  On the other hand it would be nice to make a deep playoff run.  That wont happen with same old same old.

I'm numb at this point. Dallas prob. won't reach another championship game for another 24+ years or until Jerry is gone. So much for America's Team. Can't even sign a player who wanted to come here, thinking we can penny pinch him.

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

No your right, we shouldn’t. But this front office makes a lot of dumb moves that boggles my mind. 

1. Let’s keep Irvin on roster and take up a spot when we know he’s not gonna return.

2. Sign a 37 year old slow TE (love ya Wit, but it’s past time)

3. Should have let Bease walk (before we resigned him) or traded him earlier and kept Switzer

4. Continue to keep Gregory around, great talent, but just can’t seem to stay on the field, when is enough enough? 

5. Piss off your best player by franchising him a 2nd time when you should have signed him a season earlier at a discount

this is just to name a few over the last 2 years. 

To be fair, you are viewing these all with the benefit of hindsight. If the front office knew then what we knew now, I am sure they would do it different. 

Go back and read this forum a year ago. I would feel comfortable saying 75%+ of us wanted to tender Irvin, Franchise DLaw, keep Gregory and resign Beasely. 

1 minute ago, textaz03 said:

Not just Cole, but D-Law too. He came out saying he felt pretty disrespected here lately by the organization 

True, but he wants Mack money. Paying a 25% premium isnt smart business. Do you go car shopping and say: That car is worth $20k, here is a check for $25k!

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Wrong again. The "offensive" contract offer came from the DLaw camp about the tag.

Looks like I wasnt wrong. Just partially correct. I remember his reaction in the Cole thread. It was top of mind. 

Archived