Ravens Sign Earl Thomas

M.10.E

We went in a completely different direction than Weddle. We upgraded and added speed and we don't have a safety need at all in the draft now. Still a good player and if he is healthy, this is a good player also 4 years from now.

2 minutes ago, Danand said:

We went in a completely different direction than Weddle. We upgraded and added speed and we don't have a safety need at all in the draft now. Still a good player and if he is healthy, this is a good player also 4 years from now.

The thing about ET is that his injuries have been freak injuries. Broken forearm on a collision with a teammate and then a broken leg. That's freak stuff.

Just now, BaltimoreTerp said:

Maybe @AFlaccoSeagulls can shed some light here but I feel like in addition to the playmaking ability, Thomas is also the type of high-IQ player who might also be able to slide into the signal caller role that is vacant now with Mosley/Weddle both leaving. 

Tough to say because in Seattle everything flows through Bobby Wagner, but Earl's IQ pre/post snap is still among the highest in the league.

My jaw hit the ground on this one. What a sneaky play from the front office! Hey the browns showed their hand with the air attack moves and this just solidified our secondary for 3-4 years. I believe he will mask Jefferson liabilities and allow TJ to get back In the box where he excelled in AZ.

Yeah, I don’t know who offers a better secondary than the Ravens at this point.

If our edge threats come ready to play and we can add some interior pass rush (Jefferey Simmons) than this is a scary pass defense to have to contend with. Tony Jefferson is literally the only true weakness across the board from LB to safety to corner.

Throw in the fact that we should have a strong rushing attack that keeps opposing offenses off the field... tight ends to make you pay and hopefully a physical veterinarian threat in JJ Arcega-Whiteside and this team is a danger to any squad in the league. WR and IPR are literally the only true weaknesses, everything else are luxury upgrades.

59 minutes ago, Josepho said:

Just ridiculously good news to wake up to.

Great deal.

Same. Last year I woke up to the Ryan Grant deal......I  like this one a lot more. :D

You know who has to be loving life?  DeShon Elliot. Dude gets to play under a Texas legend at his position. Awesome for him.

Very impressive work by DeCosta. I think we've got another good one boys.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Same. Last year I woke up to the Ryan Grant deal......I  like this one a lot more. :D

You know who has to be loving life?  DeShon Elliot. Dude gets to play under a Texas legend at his position. Awesome for him.

Very impressive work by DeCosta. I think we've got another good one boys.

Earl Thomas quote from when he signed his first extension for the Seahawks:

Relevant considering how much secondary success they've had.