Ravens Sign Earl Thomas

M.10.E

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

With Thomas, we not only secure our back end but also add a play making element. And we get to play Jefferson properly which improves our coverage security even more.

Young and Bowser both can actually cover Tight Ends and HBs. One of our biggest weaknesses from the past couple years.

Then you factor in the overall speed bump which will help us stop these run around QBs like Mahomes and Mayfield.

I LOVE it. 

Definitely agreed.  I think this lets us focus Jefferson on playing downhill against crossers and other short-to-intermediate passing.  Thomas will have CF covered, a great stable of corners on the outside, then Jefferson will rip your guy's head off if you settle for something in the middle.  

Also, Clark and Elliott are a nice set of backups for the safeties.

2 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Definitely agreed.  I think this lets us focus Jefferson on playing downhill against crossers and other short-to-intermediate passing.  Thomas will have CF covered, a great stable of corners on the outside, then Jefferson will rip your guy's head off if you settle for something in the middle.  

Teams aren't going to have any options in the passing game. The outside is secured by our CBs, Thomas will take away the seams, Kenny Young and Tyus Bowser can both mirror Tight Ends or HBs, Judon is an Ace at blowing up screens. They can't play the short game with Tavon, Jefferson, Levine and Peanut lurking. Our CBs all tackle, our LBs have the speed to run anything down. Seriously, what are teams going to do?

The disguise element to our defense isn't going anywhere either. This season it's going to bring more impact. Young is 10x the blitz piece Mosley was. And with Bowser's ability to drop into coverage, those two will pair for some real devastation. Thomas can do everything Weddle did and plenty he couldn't. This defense is going to be special.

Not to mention all of our players know the kind of money waiting for Raven defenders in FA :D. They'll play every snap like it's their last.

I feel like we just got soooooo much more athletic on defense it’s not even funny... Remember the defense The chargers ran to combat our run game last year in the playoffs... we have the personnel to implement it to stop clear passing downs... Earl Thomas is the closest we’ve seen to 20 when healthy... Ed never played with this caliber corners... This is the most talented secondary in the league by far... and we gon need it cause John Dorsey not playing lol... I can’t wait to see what we address in the draft... like for instance what if Devin Smith and Hollywood brown are both there at 22... 

10 minutes ago, bmorecareful said:

I feel like we just got soooooo much more athletic on defense it’s not even funny... Remember the defense The chargers ran to combat our run game last year in the playoffs... we have the personnel to implement it to stop clear passing downs... Earl Thomas is the closest we’ve seen to 20 when healthy... Ed never played with this caliber corners... This is the most talented secondary in the league by far... and we gon need it cause John Dorsey not playing lol... I can’t wait to see what we address in the draft... like for instance what if Devin Smith and Hollywood brown are both there at 22... 

Who? Going to guess you mean Devin White/Bush?

For a second though I really was scrambling for tape on this Devin Smith guy.😆

3 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Who? Going to guess you mean Devin White/Bush?

For a second though I really was scrambling for tape on this Devin Smith guy.😆

Yeah my bad... I’m talking bout the LB from Michigan... I see OL and WR as our top two needs but he would be a strong candidate for bpa at a position of need... because I would be ok with O and Youbg as our top 2 inside backers going into the season but in our system I believe Bush could possibly be an instant impact player... reminds me of a faster version of Navarro bowman 

I think this could be a clear difference between Ozzie and DeCosta, and Eric himself alluded to it. He said he get's more anxious than Ozzie, and then more aggressive as a result. Eric seems to have retained Ozzie's shrewd nature, but he's also much more opportunistic on top of it.  

Archived