When your Team Does Badly.

MIKEWISNER

I was around during the 70s and 80s and we'd be thrilled to go .500.  If we won 2 games in a row it was cause for celebration.  One of the few times we made the playoffs was as a wild card team during the strike of 1982.  The other time was back in 1972 when we lost in the Divisional round.  That's just twice in 25 years.   :(  I am cherishing these good times because I know they won't last forever.

On 8/28/2017 at 9:12 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah I know, it's really tough whenever we have two consecutive losses. Hurts. :(

This isn't a dig at you personally or any Patriots fan really, but it'll be interesting to see what happens when Belichick and Brady are gone, and the Patriots do start to lose again.

There must now be loads of fans (either because they're young or because they jumped on the bandwagon at some stage) whose worst season as a Pats fan has been an 11-win year. The team has had a winning season for 16 years straight, which is just ridiculous, really. I'd like to see how people react when they do finally have a bad year. Denial? Acceptance? Anger? "I don't care, I got bored of winning anyway"?

Could be fun.

6 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

This isn't a dig at you personally or any Patriots fan really, but it'll be interesting to see what happens when Belichick and Brady are gone, and the Patriots do start to lose again.

There must now be loads of fans (either because they're young or because they jumped on the bandwagon at some stage) whose worst season as a Pats fan has been an 11-win year. The team has had a winning season for 16 years straight, which is just ridiculous, really. I'd like to see how people react when they do finally have a bad year. Denial? Acceptance? Anger? "I don't care, I got bored of winning anyway"?

Could be fun.

Could be a little while yet, as we have Jimmy G to step up to the mantle. Sorry ¬¬

Even before the Texans, the Oilers would have moments when they just completely messed the mood up. Sure, they'd win and make the playoffs, but they'd end up losing in the most spectacular fashion.

The quantity of losses, I can deal with. The quality of losses (the comeback victories against Denver in 91, Buffalo in 92, KC in 93) is what burns me.

I've found that beer is a fantastic sedative in these instances.

32 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Could be a little while yet, as we have Jimmy G to step up to the mantle. Sorry ¬¬

It'll happen.  It's inevitable.  I can't wait xD.  As for being a Raiders fan it was really rough up until last year.  There were years where I didn't even watch a single game live.  It was just too stressful.  I'll honestly admit that I thought it was bad luck for me to watch the game lol.  Like in the Moneyball movie.  I always held out hope that something would change and we would just start winning like crazy.  It finally started happening last year.  I just hope we have 8-8 or better seasons for the next 10 years now.  I don't want the winning to ever end lol.

You know I remember in the early 80's when The Bears were doing so badly  and often the games were blacked out local.

I think that made the late George Halas hire Mike Ditka and with in a few years they went to the Superbowl.

Maybe if fans stop attending games of teams that don't do weel it might encourage the ownership to fix up things.

Archived