Ravens sign Mark Ingram 3 years 15 mill

49erurtaza

Just now, saintsfan said:

He was looking for $7-8 per year, so I think his agent played this wrong. Saints offered $4.5/year you would think he would've sacrificed $500k to stay with the team that loved him. Regardless, much love for the guy, I hope he has a HUGE season in Baltimore. He deserves it.

Yeah but I mean after you guys signed Latavius Murray it kind of forced his hand that he couldn't go back and be probably the #3 back there. He's a good scheme fit for us and should have a plenty productive year.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah but I mean after you guys signed Latavius Murray it kind of forced his hand that he couldn't go back and be probably the #3 back there. He's a good scheme fit for us and should have a plenty productive year.

I think we quickly signed Murray after Ingram told us he was looking for $7-8 per year and we felt that was too far off from our offer of $4.5/year. If we had known he'd sign for 3y $15m I have no doubt we would have matched that deal.

Man, I’m really happy Ingram will get his chance to be a legit #1 again.

Saints destroyed his leverage by signing Murray. Rumors were he was looking for $7m or so, Saints could’ve driven the price up. They should’ve offered 3/18 or so, but it sounds like he wanted a starting job.

Ingram is going to have a career year in that offense with Lamar Jackson. Really wish the Saints would have not rushed into signing Latavius Murray as Ingram is clearly a better RB that has been a leader in the Saints locker room for years. Could have had Ingram back for a similar price compared with what we signed Murray for

Archived