Ravens Sign Mark Ingram

M.10.E

10 minutes ago, Danand said:

3 mill more total than I had hoped, but I guess we have someone who can pass protect now.

You thought we were going to get Ingram for only a million more than what Gore signed for? Seems a little far fetched. 5 million is a great deal for Ingram. 

I'm not over the moon about this signing, I would've preferred Tevin Coleman but we'll see how this works out. 

We gave 5 mill a year to a guy who averages a little more than 50 yards a game rushing and 15 yards yards passing in his last year with the Saints behind one of the best olines in the league. If we didn't have Dixon, I would like this much more.

I just fear, that we once again aren't going to sign a runningback with the wiggle and juice Ray Rice had.

Just now, Danand said:

We gave 5 mill a year to a guy who averages a little more than 50 yards a game rushing and 15 yards yards passing in his last year with the Saints behind one of the best olines in the league. If we didn't have Dixon, I would like this much more.

I just fear, that we once again aren't going to sign a runningback with the wiggle and juice Ray Rice had.

Ingram isn't Ray Rice, but he's an effective downhill runner and ESPECIALLY effective in the red zone (an area we really struggle in with our RB's). Dixon can't be relied on with injuries and PED's. Ingram just solidifies everything, really.

Love the value on the contract relative to some other RBs out there. He basically gives us everything Gus does as a downfield runner, but he's better in pass protection and is a pretty good receiver. Meaning we won't have to continuously substitute personnel on obvious passing downs and can legitimately rotate through our backs when we want to vs when we need to. Great signing. 

I said it in the other thread but this is an awesome signing. Our team lost leaders and hungry vets searching for a ring for their legacy in Suggs and Weddle, so it was important to add guys that could bring that element to this team. Ingram is a guy that brings that element to our offense. He’s going to be hungry. He’s a durable back that we can rely on to be a guiding presence to the offense, especially one that can be in the backfield with Lamar. He’s going to be a great check down option. He’s not Ray Rice but he’s like a combination between what we get from both Dixon and Edwards, with more skills to boot. Lamar’s ability to create space for backs will make Ingram just as if not more dangerous as he’s very been in his career.

Archived